Cabinet Nominations

realist 12:38 21 Jun 07

Paddy Ashdown refused.....but who would you nominate for a Cabinet post?

Mine is Tracey Emin for Culture Secretary.

Pine Man 13:02 21 Jun 07

I wouldn't nominate anybody BUT if I was a Labour MP I would be pretty upset that the Prime Minister elect couldn't find any members of his own party to fill the post that he offered to Paddy Ashdown!

wee eddie 13:12 21 Jun 07

Why did you not come to one of us?

laurie53 20:46 21 Jun 07

Is it remotely possible that a political leader looked for somebody who might be good at the job rather than the next party hack or financial contributor in the queue?

No, surely not!

Laurie

HCOOH 11:52 22 Jun 07

They should create a special "Department of Screwups"
OOp's sorry already exists, called the Government.

Bingalau 13:53 22 Jun 07

We had a good coalition government during the last war. The best men for the job were in the job which suited them.

spuds 14:44 22 Jun 07

Doesn't say much for the new next Prime Minister, if he as to look outside his own party for reinforcements.

Kate B 19:14 22 Jun 07

Actually, I think it shows vision and a willingness to listen to people who actually know what they're talking about. My reservation, though, is that I think ministers should be elected representatives, not appointees.

Stuartli 19:36 22 Jun 07

Probably 80 per cent of the current crew should never have been given their jobs in the first place.

ulrich 21:00 22 Jun 07

I think the war coalition was somewhat different.
Mr Brown will make a right mess of this next goverment, he does not have a clue. Then we have the canidates for Dep PM.

Kate B 01:06 23 Jun 07

I think it's a bit rich to say he doesn't have a clue. He's been chancellor for 10 years - I suspect that gives him a pretty good idea of how to do the job.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…