Business speak - mind furniture

Managing ed 11:37 15 May 09

My wife, who works for the IOD, this morning sent me these three examples of actual phrases, some of her clients had heard recently.

I wonder, can we synagistically run some ideas up the flagpole (come up with some more)?

"take this thought up the strategic staircase"

"we need to re-arrange our mind furniture"

"a colleague of mine recently told me he was having a 'cube built' that would give him 'total visibility'. I asked him if he meant that there is a database that gives him information. Apparently there is"

Quickbeam 11:41 15 May 09

which I have warmed to, is right on the satirical case of this sort of crapo management speak:)

Woolwell 12:09 15 May 09

"evolve the organisation's name and new brand platform" is one I came across. What is a brand platform?

Covergirl 12:17 15 May 09

click here

including a link to a BBC article.

(This must put me in "The Moderator" category click here )

Sorry . . . :-)

Managing ed 14:35 15 May 09
  interzone55 15:07 15 May 09

This lines from a story about Katie Price (neé Jordan) being dropped by her management surely is in line for a business speak award...

"During that time we have worked hard to build Katie as a successful individual and brand, moving her from a glamour model and repositioning her as the country's foremost female celebrity"

click here

interzone55 15:09 15 May 09

This lines from a story about Katie Price (neé Jordan) being dropped by her management surely is in line for a business speak award...

"During that time we have worked hard to build Katie as a successful individual and brand, moving her from a glamour model and repositioning her as the country's foremost female celebrity"

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…