Business Credit Card or Personal Credit Card?

Cara2 13:46 19 Jul 10

Finally come to the point where I think a business credit card would be handy. We are a small sole trader business.

Can anybody advise me please - what is the benefit or the difference between Business and Personal credit cards? Why choose a business credit card, rather than use a personal credit card for business use?

Thanks.

wiz-king 15:14 19 Jul 10

A business card should only be used for non-personal shopping, once a year I get a statement to fill in from HMCE to say all purchases are for company use.
I cant think of any advantages.

Woolwell 15:29 19 Jul 10

It can be handy for accounting purposes as all of the business purchases are on one statement and if you use an accountant you don't have to give him/her your statement with personal purchases. Can be handy if you're VAT registered and claiming back VAT as again you don't have to separate out business and personal.

Forum Editor 19:20 19 Jul 10

cards for business purchases and nothing else.

The advantage? It helps you keep a neat separation between what you buy in the course of the business, and what you buy for personal use using your personal card.

Provided you exercise a degree of self-discipline the business card works well, it's a useful thing to have.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant