Bus drivers refuse to let guide dogs on board

Dragon_Heart 21:44 31 Jul 10

dailymail.co.uk

19th July 2010

Andy Dolan

" Blind passengers are being ordered off buses or refused taxi rides because Muslim drivers or passengers object to their 'unclean' guide dogs. "

click here

Do muslims not have dogs for pets then ?

Can't blind muslims not have guide dogs ?

" In 2006, Muslim minicab driver Abdul Rasheed Majekodumni was fined £200 and ordered to pay £1,200 costs by magistrates in Marylebone, central London, after being prosecuted for failing to comply with the Disability Discrimination Act when he refused to take a blind passenger because her guide dog was 'unclean' "

Fine them all !!!!!!

spuds 22:21 31 Jul 10

In answer to your two questions:

(1) Sometimes as pets, but usually for security or guard purposes.

(2) They do have guide dogs. I know one young person who as a guide dog, and that dog as special permission granted, so that it can enter a local mosque.

Regarding the minicab driver, this is not an isolated case. Quite a number of taxi drivers have been prosecuted for not allowing guide dogs into their vehicles, other taxi drivers have been fined and had their licenses temporally removed. Dogs for the disabled can cover a whole range of different disabilities, which can cause confusion with bus drivers and other public service vehicle drivers and users.

Dragon_Heart 23:45 31 Jul 10

... taxi company owner chance are you 'spuds' ?

I can understand the problem, 'hearing' dogs, companion dogs for children with autism for example but a guide dog is clearly, I would have thought, a guide dog !

The idea that dometic pet dog's are unclean is also questionable.

They say dog's mouths are much cleaner than our own. They also say you're usually better off kissing a dog than another human. Any bacteria that make it from your kisser to you are more likely to survive if your kisser was human than if it was a dog.

Both human & dog saliva is slightly acidic which will kill some bacteria.

When dogs get cut or hurt, they lick & heal quickly due to agents in the sliva that help speed cell recovery

lotvic 00:47 01 Aug 10

Rabies
most Muslim countries have a problem with animals (dogs)carrying/suffering from Rabies.
ergo dogs saliva is 'unclean'

Most religious 'laws' are based on Health & Safety

morddwyd 06:45 01 Aug 10

"Most religious 'laws' are based on Health & Safety"

What absolute nonsense.

Is that why you shouldn't eat meat on a Friday, why wearing a condom is forbidden, why female adulterers should be stoned to death, why cows should not be killed?

sunnystaines 06:59 01 Aug 10

Muslim countries have a problem with dogs?

why are their so many dogs in iraq & afganistan, the villages and towns have loads of dogs running around, so pet dogs are ok in their own land why not here?

GANDALF <|:-)> 08:27 01 Aug 10

Many of the Muslim religious laws (the accurate ones, not the ones that fanatical groups alter and adopt) are based on sound principles that were meant to prolong the lives of the followers in very hostile environments. You ought to read up more about the Muslim faith rather than digest the garbage of the Red Tops.

G

zzzz999 08:34 01 Aug 10

Hear hear Gandalf, too many people take the Daily mail as Gospel (pun intended)

onthelimit 09:17 01 Aug 10

Most Muslim countries have dogs but, as explained above, not as pets and not allowed in the house. It is considered that the fur of the dog is unclean. I had a Muslim student round to dinner years ago before I knew this - he nearly went beserk when my yellow lab walked into the sitting room.

michaelw 09:22 01 Aug 10

...They say dog's mouths are much cleaner than our own. They also say you're usually better off kissing a dog than another human. Any bacteria that make it from your kisser to you are more likely to survive if your kisser was human than if it was a dog...

That's at odds with what I was taught at school. And I suppose when you consider what oral cleaning skills a dog has in contrast to a humans, I wouldn't fancy being licked or kissed by one who's been licking it's bottom for half an hour.

WhiteTruckMan 14:28 01 Aug 10

"I wouldn't fancy being licked or kissed by one.."

Thats why you should never let a politican kiss you!

WTM

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac