Budget promises ultrafast broadband for UK cities

simonjary 21 Mar 12
Answered

The Chancellor says that the UK government will fund ultrafast broadband and Wi-Fi in 10 largest cities, and spend £50m on the smaller cities, too.

Aitchbee 21 Mar 12

This Tory Government breaks it's shallow promises, ultraquick, also.

Grey Goo 21 Mar 12

Would you care to elucidate?

al's left peg 21 Mar 12

Hold on while I look up what elucidate means !!!!

spuds 21 Mar 12

I seem to recall Tony Blair stating that everyone in the country would have super-fast broadband, when and while he was in power?.

buteman 21 Mar 12

spuds

We Have but only if you are with Virginmedia.

This day and age you would think it should be easy enough to get it through our TV aerial now that we use digital Tv.Then it would be available to all.

lotvic 21 Mar 12

When the Chancellor said they would fund it - don't suppose there's any chance he meant that they would pay our ISP monthly charge? 8->

Forum Editor 21 Mar 12

AitchBEE

Is there any chance of you responding to the substance of the thread, rather than just posting some knee-jerk, politically biased waffle?

Aitchbee 21 Mar 12

FE - it was definitely a knee-jerk reaction on my part...but I will believe it, when I see it, actually happening.

Aitchbee 21 Mar 12

...and it'll have to good and cheap, to persuade me to give up my 'dial-up' connection.

morddwyd 21 Mar 12

Every government seems to trot this out every three months or so, but nothing ever seems to happen.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message