Is this the BT ripple effect?

mbc 08:26 22 Feb 16

Has the BT withdrawal of its call centre from India back to the UK caused a ripple effect with other call centres? In the past, whenever I had a problem which needed a call to one of these foreign call centres, I have often been left feeling fobbed off, like banging your head against a brick wall. Just lately I have needed to complain about poor service to two different centres. In both cases I was initially stonewalled, but after threatening to make a formal complaint, I was transferred to a supervisor. This resulted in both cases in a satisfactory conclusion. In one I was even given a £10 "goodwill payment". Again in both cases I was asked to complete a satisfaction survey. Not seen that in the past. Of course I gave them reasonable scores. I suspect that these call centres are running scared and are aware of their poor reputation, so are keen to resolve issues before the complaint stage. Anyone had similar experiences?

mbc 08:50 22 Feb 16

Sorry-make that three instances. Forgot one from a month back.

RV510 09:26 22 Feb 16

Probably good that the call centre is coming back to the UK, at least then if you get a man or woman with a very thick Indian accent with very poor English you'll know it's a scam call! I never fill in 'customer satisfaction' surveys, printed or verbal, most only take notice of the ones that give high marks anyway, it's the individual Company operatives that often make a Company what it is in relation to their customers and they way they deal with the customer which often determines customer loyalty to that Company, a lot may say that price and quality of product is the most important factor but that's not any good if the customer service is crap.

Forum Editor 15:25 22 Feb 16

RV510

"I never fill in 'customer satisfaction' surveys, printed or verbal, most only take notice of the ones that give high marks anyway,"

That is an uninformed, and completely incorrect statement.

Customer surveys are widely used by companies who want to know how their customers found their products or services, and they are acted upon.

Aitchbee 23:14 22 Feb 16

Customer surveys are widely used by companies who want to know how their customers found their products or services, and they are acted upon.

My local housing association sends out Customer Surveys after work has been carried out to find out if recent repairs were done well or not.

I never reply to these letters having not been informed as to the size of the bill which always arrives come-what-may!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos