Brown rejects June election talk

peter99co 18:30 21 Nov 08

click here

What do you think?

Asked about reports he was considering a 4 June poll, the PM said: "You can just discount all these stories".

Seems to be quite positive.

sunnystaines 18:34 21 Nov 08

let him stew in the mess, libs or tory do not want to inherit the mess labour has got us into as they will have no room to do anything and get fitted up with some of the blame.

oresome 18:42 21 Nov 08

"Seems to be quite positive."

So, a June election it is then!

Seriously, I think he should be holding it before then. The Conservatives have been on the back foot with economic policy recently and are losing their opinion poll lead.

By next June, there will be much more visibility of the economic slow down. Labour may get the blame, or be seen to be the party willing to borrow more to ease the plight of those affected.

Who knows which way the great british public will see it.

Legolas 00:04 22 Nov 08

Its strange how few people criticized labour and GB when the economy appeared to be going well, but the minute it begins to take a downturn (largely due to the world economic situation) suddenly the person, who as chancellor seen 10 plus years of economic growth is now the bad guy. Short memories or what.

rdave13 00:10 22 Nov 08

It's "blubber" as usual. No "definitive answer", but, "the government are working on it".... can't be bothered to complete the quote.
Forgive me as I now have no confidence in any political party.It's "blubber" as usual. No "definitive answer", but, "the government are working on it".... can't be bothered to complete the quote.
Forgive me as I now have no confidence in any political party.

rdave13 00:12 22 Nov 08

Hmm, second line duplicates; no idea why.
Apologies, yawn.

syylo 01:05 22 Nov 08

Legolas that few wasnt including myself, Ive never liked him & i doubt i ever would like all mp's/politicians there is little transparency & lots of corruption, they play child like game's in the house of commons trying to be-little other parties & whilst they laugh & joke it worries me they are talking about all our present & future's...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…