The Brits Are Coming

Snec 02:36 01 Jul 10

Forget the football -- Brits have now got five bracelets in the 2010 World Series Of Poker. And there could be more yet before the competition ends. At last there seems to be something we are good at, even felling top American players these days.

click here

zzzz999 09:34 01 Jul 10

I believe a lot of ex investment bankers are looking to get back into gambling

Litlun 10:21 01 Jul 10

Snec, when I saw this post I thought you wouldn’t get much response. You obviously haven’t noticed that the posters here are a very insular bunch, in a collective sort of way. Anything outside of their seemingly narrow range of interests or, more precisely, whinges was bound to fall on stony ground.

You were right to post about this. The UK doesn’t have much to boast about these days and if poker is something we can beat the world at then the people doing it deserve to be celebrated.

Well done the Brits!

MAT ALAN 10:28 01 Jul 10

Anything outside of their seemingly narrow range of interests or, more precisely, whinges was bound to fall on stony ground..

How can you make statement like that when you DO NOT know any of us, i resent the remark and i think you need to choose your words more carefully in the future...

Bingalau 10:48 01 Jul 10

Sounds as though Litlun has got the right nickname, it seems to match his brainpower...

Bapou 12:22 01 Jul 10

" Insular bunch with a narrow range of interests" indeed! How dare you?

The UK still has much to boast about and not just those poker players of yours.

Soon, the World Conker Championships will take place in Northamptonshire. 300 competitors, not just 18 and who is the present champion?

click here and find out.

Narrow range of interests? Do me a favour, check your facts before talking nonsense.

Kevscar1 13:01 01 Jul 10

Seems rather obvious who is insular and has a narrow range of interests.
Can't even recall seeing his name in any other threads

MAT ALAN 13:12 01 Jul 10

A newby it seems who has a ready made asumption about the users on this forum.
Of course if this individual would like to post back and defend themselves i would be interested to hear what they have to say...

Jim Thing 14:48 01 Jul 10

"...the posters here are a very insular bunch, in a collective sort of way. Anything outside of their seemingly narrow range of interests or, more precisely, whinges was bound to fall on stony ground."

What a remarkably stupid thing to write! I suspect that our new friend has never been given the wise advice that it's better to keep one's mouth shut and be considered a fool than to open it and demonstrate the fact.

zzzz999 19:44 01 Jul 10

I've never been part of a collective, this is a big moment for me, sniff. Collective colleagues can I just say BIG HUUUUUUG

MAT ALAN 19:48 01 Jul 10

BIG HUGS back ya collective insular person you!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac