The Brits

Belatucadrus 20:07 15 Feb 07

I couldn't bring myself to see most of it, but what I did catch may be revealing signs of incipient fogydom in me. But it was worse than the Mick Fleetwood Sam fox debacle. The winners all appeared to be smashed out of their tiny minds and the compare was an arrogant foul mouthed twerp who's nowhere near as funny as he thinks he is.
I don't think I've ever seen so many self satisfied lovies telling themselves how wonderful and historic they are and that includes the Baftas. Ghastly !

Rant over.

Time for my mug of cocoa and a nap, anybody seen my tartan slippers ?

anskyber 20:16 15 Feb 07

click here(Cutomer-SuppliedTartan)F.jpg

anskyber 20:16 15 Feb 07

Drat, didn't work

Totally-braindead 20:39 15 Feb 07

Watched perhaps 30 seconds of the program when the so called presenter talked about the next guest, and what a load of rubbish he spewed out then I switched off.
Not for me, shame as I used to watch the Brits every year.
If they get a better presenter I might watch next year.

Jackcoms 20:51 15 Feb 07

We grumpy old gits can satisfy ourselves by knowing that most (if not all) of the "musicians" who appeared on the programme will be 5 minute wonders.

It helps to be able to play your instruments in a competent manner, I find, if you want to be around for longer than that.

Most of them appeared not to have fully mastered that ability.

mammak 21:08 15 Feb 07

Watched it for about 10 minutes got to agree with every word Belatucadrus said smashed out of thier tiny minds cuts it,

what a waste of viewing time yuk.

spuds 12:31 16 Feb 07

Like most of these ceremonies, they are of no interest whatsoever to the majority of the paying public.

I thought it was very amusing of an newspaper artist's impression of a 'celebrity' requesting a stop-off at a rehab clinic on the way home. Seems to be the main talking point nowadays, for our up and coming new mould celebs.

Watchful 12:35 16 Feb 07

I didn't watch it but I'll take your word for it. Not for me.

Kate B 12:54 16 Feb 07

There are some good bands around at the moment - I didn't watch the Brits (though my local tube station is directly opposite the back entrance to Earls Court so I saw limos etc arriving while I was on my way home) so I don't know if any of the bands I like appeared. Can't stand Russell Brand, though.

GANDALF <|:-)> 13:20 16 Feb 07

'I thought it was very amusing of an newspaper artist's impression of a 'celebrity' requesting a stop-off at a rehab clinic on the way home. Seems to be the main talking point nowadays, for our up and coming new mould celebs.'...have a read at the biographies of many celebrities from 1700 onwards (especially the 20s and 30s. and you will find that rehab sessions were more the norm then This is nothing new.

'We grumpy old gits can satisfy ourselves by knowing that most (if not all) of the "musicians" who appeared on the programme will be 5 minute wonders.'...and will earn more money than anyone on this forum. They will also probably retire at 30 to a house in the Cotswolds. Bit of a sweeping statement really and reminds me of the time when Chris deBurgh had a number one with 'woman in red'. He was asked what it was like to be an overnight success and he replied 'it is a fantastic feeling after playing for 15 years.

However i did watch the awards as I do rather like Muse but Russell Brand was deeply unfunny and seemed ill at ease with the whole thing.

G

spuds 14:29 16 Feb 07

And there's me thinking that the Priory was a new everyday in the news institution ;o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…