The British Open Golf Championship.

Aitchbee 09:08 18 Jul 12
Answered

Who will win?

The course conditions at Royal Ltyham will demand accuracy 'off-the-tee'...and lots of strenghth to get out of the unforgiving rough...which is thick and lush because of all the rain we've had.

Quickbeam 09:12 18 Jul 12

Tiger Woods is demanding that all the bunkers be thoroughly weeded...

Aitchbee 09:14 18 Jul 12

Royal Lytham:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/robhodgetts/2012/07/lythamlurksforthosewho_str.html

Thomas Bjorn & John Daly ew.

wiz-king 09:16 18 Jul 12

I thought you were supposed to keep the ball on the mowed greens not the small ponds (bunkers)or the pasture. They are for the birds, eagles and albatrosses have been spotted in the area.

Aitchbee 09:24 18 Jul 12

QB - It's ok, Tiger has got a 'Weed-iron' in his bag:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/golf/18854355

...I hope this link goes ... 'straight down the middle'.

Aitchbee 19:47 18 Jul 12

I've also put 50p ew. on Hunter Mahan..."Has matured into a world-class player, winning twice this season. Sixth in the 2007 Open. A sweet ball-striker." (Hunter didn't pay me to say that, BTW)

Condom 21:37 18 Jul 12

Tiger Woods must have a great publicity manager. Here is a man who has done nothing much for 5 years yet still seems to get all the attention. Methinks one for Forum Member to get his teeth into.

Aitchbee 18:42 22 Jul 12

The dramatic finale was 'nail-biting' stuff. The 'Big Easy' was a worthy winner...he got excited when he holed an important birdie...he almost clenched his fist and moved his arm forward an inch and back an inch.

Chegs ®™ 04:05 23 Jul 12

I watched some of the Open on TV,and I cannot for the life of me see what on earth people idolize Tiger Woods for if thats him playing his best golf.I did see him smile once though the rest of the time he looked thoroughly peeved & angry,mind you almost every shot was in a bunker or the rough.

Condom 11:19 23 Jul 12
Answer

Some say that the the best golf is played with the club between your ears (not literally of course)and Tiger's has not been functioning well since his world fell apart. Will he recover? Probably at some time but perhaps not in time to break all the records he might have done.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced