British Olympic Association's battle against WADA fails

TopCat® 19:46 PM 29 Apr 12
Answered

"Britain's former drugs cheats can compete at London 2012 after a court overturned the British Olympic Association's policy of handing out lifetime bans, BBC Sport has learned.

The BOA has lost its battle with the World Anti-Doping Agency (Wada) at the Court of Arbitration for Sport (Cas)..." story here

I think that the BOA's stern attitude to drug taking by athletes was correct so I wondered just how many here were of the same mind. TC.

john bunyan 19:54 PM 29 Apr 12
Answer

I think the BOA is right and the Court of Arbitration is wrong. I am not sure if a formerly banned athlete can insist on being selected. If the UK selected on the old terms and other countries selected banned athletes who had "served their time" I suppose it would get complicated. This is a bad day for sport, IMHO.

Aitchbee 20:08 PM 29 Apr 12

If the high performance athletes (sprinters) were all given a mandatory hot mug of Ovaltine or Cuppa Soup [Chicken/Ministrone] one hour before their race - then that would weed out the 'druggies'. I will be giving the Olympics a miss...come rain or shine.

morddwyd 20:16 PM 29 Apr 12

Just because he can doesn't mean he will be picked.

He is a cheat, and judging by the shenanigans which go on over deciding the next venue, he would be quite at home in the Olympics!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…