British man pedals his way to world record

TopCat® 15:47 15 Feb 08

Scottish cyclist, Mark Beaumont, from Fife, smashes the round-the-world record, passing through twenty countries on the way. click here What a remarkable solo achievement when you consider the many potential hazards of such a journey. What say you? TC.

Mr Mistoffelees 17:20 15 Feb 08

A tremendous achievement.

I thought doing a 12 hour time trial was hard work!!

anskyber 17:44 15 Feb 08

An average of 92 miles a day and 18,000 mile all told, phew! A tremendous achievement.

Pamy 17:48 15 Feb 08

A tremendous achievement indead, I have started peddling one of those exersise bikes and cannot manage 2miles a day.

sunny staines 17:54 15 Feb 08

sounded a good adventure, i used to enjoy cycling

mikef. 20:19 15 Feb 08

Fantastic achievement, I cycle every day, but no way I could get anywhere near what he did

Brumas 23:46 15 Feb 08

Unbelievable, I just wondered how many punctures he had and how many tyres, brake-blocks etc. he got through?
Also, I don't ride a bike now but when I did,in my youth, I became rather saddle-sore after only a 10-15 mile trip - RESPECT!

TopCat® 00:05 16 Feb 08

I suspect he may have used one (or more?) of the silicon or gel-filled saddles that give much softer rear end comfort. All the answers to the questions you pose, and more, should be forthcoming when his full story is told.

His was a tremendous challenge to undertake solo and to do it in such short time was truly magnificent. TC.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…