British Gas £50 off council tax offer

jack 20:37 08 Mar 07

The last couple of years my local council have included a leaflet from British Gas in with the annua; Council Tax docs[They also promote it on their 'House' Web site
This leaflet alleges to rebate your CT bill by £50 if you take up a home insulation offer through them.
So last year I though OK I'll have some.
Made the call, The contraxctor came along approved the wqork and the job was done last Nevember.
These past week I I been thinging - should I havbe done anything her like apply to BG or council for the rebate?
So I E-mailed the council
I also made similar engiry to BG
BG have not responded- yet
The 'Senior Revenue Office at the council has
I copy below the pathetics responsaes to by gentkle probings

-----------------o0o-----------------
My Question
Can you tell me about the British Gas rebate offer and
whether my account has been credited yet?

--------------------o0o------------

Reply 1.

> > Good afternoon
> > We have been informed the following:

That British Gas will inform us when the work has been completed –they > will
> > send the £50.00 to us and we will allocate to your Council Tax account.
How long this will take I do not know.
We will be happy to apply this to your
account as soon as we can.

Regards
Barbara Staggs
> --------------------------------------o0o--------------
Thank you Barbara,
From your experience/records, can you tell me have BG have actually made any > payments to you for work carried out for your other 'clients'
> Regards
> J
-------------------o0o---------------
Ø We have a member of staff who says they have had their council tax credited > with the £50.00
>
---------------------------------------o0o---------------------------
I am glad to hear the one of the staff have had theirs- but does not say much does it - are you in a position to say whether there has been a good take up of the offer and the credits are flooding in -or not?
I have also addressed a similar question to BG. just to make you are aware I am proactive in tracking this matter.
Regards
J
----------------------o0o-----------------
From ‘Barbara’
Sorry, its very new, I only know of three including you

-------------------o0o------------------

The Scheme has been in forec for 2 years to my knowledge how new is that?

royalflush 22:01 08 Mar 07

"JACK" ITS DOWN TO LACK OF COMMUNICATION (best lowercase eh) can be fustrating when this happens like £50 is nothing to these companies BUT they still put up a fight dont they..!
Good luck with your progress..!!!
Oh & it might be a grand old idea to ask to speak to a supervisor OR at least another person from your council to get another idea of whats what...

Monoux 06:48 09 Mar 07

Try approaching your ward / local councillor

Stuartli 09:34 09 Mar 07

Even better is to get the home insulation work done for nothing...:-)

We're with Powergen on the StayWarm scheme and last winter we had our Victorian semi-detached's loft insulation tripled in depth and cavity walls insulation done.

Apparently the power companies do the work FOC after the Government (or rather you know who) threatened windfall taxes on profits if such improvements on behalf of customers were not made available.

oresome 09:49 09 Mar 07

Stuartli,

You did better than me. I got some free light bulbs.

jack 14:37 09 Mar 07

Sent off a better version of my post [spell checked] to local councillor- and may even sent it to one of the BEEB proggies.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…