Britain's oldest emailer?

Pineman100 12:46 03 Apr 11

I've just been reading an email from my old dad. This set me thinking - could he be the country's oldest emailer?

He's 95.

He asked me to introduce him to computer use about four years ago. My sister lives in California, and he wanted a quick, easy way to keep in touch with her.

I wouldn't describe him as computer-literate by any means, but he can receive and send emails, open attachments and surf the internet in a basic way.

I'm currently introducing him to the idea of placing his supermarket order online.

Having asked this question, I'm sure I shall be now be inundated with tales of older computer users!

MAJ 12:50 03 Apr 11

you'll have to buy him a webcam and get him on Skype for his 96th.

Pineman100 13:00 03 Apr 11

One step at a time, I think Maj...!!

Strawballs 14:17 03 Apr 11

I thought a friend of ours was doing well at 93 but 95 is even better.

Pineman100 15:35 03 Apr 11

That means in a field of two, he's still ahead, Strawballs!

Jameslayer 16:52 03 Apr 11

Sounds like your dad is a as competent as half the regular users of this forum me included.

Pineman100 18:00 03 Apr 11

A generous comment, Jameslayer, but you haven't seen him in action!

He can do it - just v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y!

timsmith259 18:48 03 Apr 11

well Pineman100 i would say he is a gentleman and a computer scholar

Strawballs 20:38 03 Apr 11

I bet he's still driving as well?

Forum Editor 22:39 03 Apr 11

your father's first post in our forum. He'll be sure of an extra special welcome from me.

flycatcher1 22:49 03 Apr 11

Pineman100
Well done your Father.
We Oldies can do most of the things you youngsters do, it is just that we do them more
s-l-o-w-ly.
Targets are the thing, we are aiming for the Olympics as Viewers, you understand, not as Competitors.
But 95 - have to think about that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…