Britain's Greatest Battles

Quickbeam 03 Feb 13

The National Army Museum is holding a poll for what we think is Britain's Greatest Battle

I can't for the life of me think why some of the battles which history ranks as amongst The British Army's greatest disasters are in the running.

Quickbeam 03 Feb 13

Wrong opening link above, please click here.

Quickbeam 03 Feb 13

Damn! There is a home page to the poll, but I keep getting specific battle accounts linked for some reason.

Quickbeam 03 Feb 13
  michaelw 03 Feb 13

Looks like you're fighting a losing battle ;0)

Aitchbee 03 Feb 13

My favourite battle was "Waterloo ... when Napolean did surrender!" and ABBA won the the most votes in 1974 ;o]

Quickbeam 03 Feb 13

I'm for Michael Caine to get the most votes, thousands of 'em!

kad60 03 Feb 13
  Quickbeam 03 Feb 13

That's an interesting link that kad60.

The two world wars are a bit sparsely catered for though. Is it still under construction?

Now I'm going to have to rack around in the attic for an old pre-war book of my dads that has all the Great war trench positions with London street names that I haven't looked through for... 30 years or more.

So what is a great battle anyway? In my mind it's a resounding success with the scent of complete victory won, or to be soon won by way of dictating how the war is then controlled to an end.

bremner 03 Feb 13

Shame it is limited to last 400 years as this rules out Agincourt.

Quickbeam 03 Feb 13
Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Behind the scenes at Silverstone, the 70th British Grand Prix: Hisense starts UK push with Red…

How Found created this skateboard, bike and parkour stunts-laden, single-take car ad

Apple Pay UK launch date, UK user guide and participating UK banks | Apple Pay to launch in UK on 1?…

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message