//some 3rd party need geo

Brightness and contrast

hzhzhz 22:37 09 Dec 05

I just wondered what settings other forum members use. My daughter uses my pc at the moment and she has the above settings up to the max. When I get on, down they go to about the forty mark of one hundred. I keep telling her to keep the settings a bit lower than she does but to no avail. If I looked at the screen for half an hour at the highest settings my eyes would would be uncomfortable for about a day.Surely its bad for ones eyes to look at the bright glare of a pc screen for hours on end.

wee eddie 22:52 09 Dec 05

It may be a sign that she is not seeing to clearly.

Kev.Ifty 23:07 09 Dec 05

If she is having problems along the lines as wee eddie suspects. Perhaps just changing the text size, rather than the brightness, may be the answer.

Assuming the changes are whilst online. Try going to VIEW/TEXT SIZE (in the tool bar) and make alterations there.

That way other users will not have to suffer the eye strain from an overly bright display.

Just a thought :-)

Kev

hzhzhz 00:12 10 Dec 05

She had an eye test recently and all was well. She says she just prefers a bright screen. Perhaps its just my dislike of the brightness, much prefering the lower settings. Each to his/her own I suppose.

GaT7 00:29 10 Dec 05

I've had my screen on max brightness for a long time (it's an old 15" CRT, running @ 600x800/85Hz), but after reading this, especially Kev's post, I've decided to lower it quite a bit. It'll take some getting used to, & I'm hoping to alleviate the severe eye-strain I suffer about once a week. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…