//some 3rd party need geo

Brain chip reads man's thoughts

VoG II 20:38 31 Mar 05

click here

Remarkable! (understatement)

Senile Syd 21:01 31 Mar 05

...to enquire whether this was published a day too soon?

VoG II 21:05 31 Mar 05

I think not click here

Dan the Doctus 23:04 31 Mar 05

It is pretty amazing. I think I saw something about this on Tomorrow's World a few years ago. A sensor would be put on someone's thumb and they would sit in front of a VDU and steer left and right just by thinking. It was being developed for military purposes as I recall, as these things nearly always are, with a view to piloting fighter planes by thought alone.

It's worth noting that reading thoughts and monitoring brain activity are very different things, but doesn't distract from the fact that it is amazing and looks as if a great many less fortunate people will benefit from it. Great stuff.

Pegasus. 23:23 31 Mar 05

Dan the Doctus.

I watched a similar/same prog which was in part a CV of an Australian Scientist who had in the past implanted computer chips & sensors in various parts of His Body to amongst other things act as a key or swipecard so He could:

1. Enter/Exit His Lab

2. Enter/Exit His Home

3. Use Equipment & Devices at both Work & Home(in rather the same why as would be able using a remote control)

stalion 22:09 01 Apr 05

well it's a start towards us becoming robots but if we have any brains we won't let it happen

Buchan 35 22:57 01 Apr 05

you`re right about that, but don`t you think they`ve started to brainwash us electronically already?

oresome 19:59 02 Apr 05

Read today in the paper where thieves had cut a man's finger off to gain access to his car, which used finger print recognition.

Hate to think what would happen with implanted chips!

Buchan 35 21:05 02 Apr 05

......unless there was another implant of a decent bit of haddock....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…