Brady, is it us that are insane?

spider9 28 Jun 13
Answered

Brady has legal expenses (up to now) estimated at quarter of a million, and he has the right to further appeals!

Brady trial

rdave13 28 Jun 13

The legal expenses will be paid to Barristers etc. as that is the cost of Law. Killer Brady has the legal right, as I assume we all have, to legal representation. For being eligible for Legal Aid is another matter for us minions. He seems to dislike the hospital treatment and hopefully he won't be allowed to leave. Tax payers money well spent unless they bring back capital punishment.

bumpkin 28 Jun 13

It baffles me as to the time and money spent on the likes of Ian Brady. Does anybody know anybody that gives a toss as to what happens to him other than the media.

bumpkin 28 Jun 13

If I were in charge of him there would have been an unfortunate accident many years ago.

rdave13 28 Jun 13

bumpkin, part of me still agrees with your sentiments but think about it. The Hell his befuddled brain is going through is worth keeping it alive for years.

bumpkin 28 Jun 13

rdave13, good point if you believe in torture, don't care is his case just object to us paying for it.

fourm member 28 Jun 13

'he has the right to further appeals!'

That's not the linked story says;

'he can only launch an appeal if he can show that the tribunal got the law wrong.'

morddwyd 28 Jun 13

"Does anybody know anybody that gives a toss as to what happens to him other than the media."

It would be a retrograde step for this country if people ceased to care about those in prison or mental hospitals, no matter what they have done.

Having said that, Brady is as strong a case for the return of capital punishment as Timothy Evans was for its abolition.

bumpkin 28 Jun 13

Too much law and not enough justice.

WhiteTruckMan 28 Jun 13

Everyone should be entitled to legal representation. What annoys me though is that brady seems to have a legal team.

WTM

rdave13 28 Jun 13

fourm member , in the BBC link I can quote "has the right to challenge the decision" but can't see any reference to 'he can only launch an appeal if he can show that the tribunal got the law wrong.'

I've read it a few times, must be me being tired, but can't see it.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message