Bracing?

morddwyd 11:15 22 Dec 10

Beautiful crisp sunny morning, good brisk walk to the post box.

Good for me? Rubbish.

I hated it. I was freezing cold and thoroughly miserable.

Turned round and came straight back home, and was glad to get here.

I'll keep my recreational walks to a slow stroll down to the local on a fine June evening!

lotvic 11:37 22 Dec 10

That makes you one of the wise men :)

peter99co 12:52 22 Dec 10

I had a walk once when the cold east wind was from one side of me and caused a terrible pain on one side of my face. I found it so cold I had to turn back and find a sheltered but longer route to get to my destination.

Cymro. 13:29 22 Dec 10

All this getting out and about in such weather is not as good for us as it is made out to be. There is the increased risk of strokes and heart attacks plus all the broken bones due to falls. Best stick at home in front of a nice warm fire.

Forum Editor 14:48 22 Dec 10

head down into a freezing wind on a wet day isn't fun.

The worst walking experience of my life was on one of my trips to Moscow. It was January, with lost of snow and minus 14 in the street. I decided to go to see Gorky park because of its cold war associations, and took the Moscow underground to the nearest station. From there I had to walk across a bridge over the Moscow river.

There was a fair wind blowing, and it started to snow. As I crossed the (long) bridge the wind sent the snow at me horizontally, and plastered it all down my right side. By the time I got to the park I was ready to die, and of course I had to walk back again, this time being plastered down my left side.

Whenever I hear that word 'bracing' I think about that day, it's etched into my mind forever.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:32 22 Dec 10

I thought this was a thread about "Skeggie"

the word bracing always makes me think of Skegness

click here

peter99co 22:36 22 Dec 10

Fresh and invigorating.

Possibly not when monkeys are looking for a welder.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos