PRICE

click here

Kevscar1 01:40 22 Nov 10

Simples, Don't park illegally.

wiz-king 05:42 22 Nov 10

No problem - they dont apply to me.
I dont have a car!

Quickbeam 08:14 22 Nov 10

But compared to the sort of fines levied for crime and antisocial behaviour, they are extortionate.

It strikes me as being a case of easy targets, that can easily be made to pay by generally being law abiding people (in the criminal context), as an easy way to make up the deficit from criminal fines that don't or won't get paid.

You don't need a penalty of more than 25% of that to discourage parking, £30 will hurt most sufficiently. For those that aren't hurt, the £120 is also likely to be considered affordable.

morddwyd 08:34 22 Nov 10

Subject to a set minimum, say ten times the national minimum wage, parking fines should be calculated as a percentage of salary, as shown on your income tax return (total income, not just taxable!)

That would hit those who see £30, £50 or whatever as a simple living expense.

carver 08:38 22 Nov 10

I think that you have the answer, councils eager to get cash from the most easy to hit.

After all if you can get hit with a big fine for not shutting a wheelie bin properly click here why not a big fine for overstaying on a parking metre for 10 minutes or being 12" away from the kerb.

carver 08:46 22 Nov 10

So how much should this man be expected to pay working on your theory click here

Or will you have more of this click here

and it wouldn't help with this click here

Or if you are really into avoiding paying click here

morddwyd 08:52 22 Nov 10

I thought the link was about council fines not private clamping?

I'm in Scotland where charged clamping is illegal so I'm not really sure of the difference

carver 09:09 22 Nov 10

"private clamping" wheres that from, every thing I posted was about council controlled parking fines .

Mr Mistoffelees 09:16 22 Nov 10

Don't park illegally.

Quickbeam 09:44 22 Nov 10

I agree with everyone else... Don't park illegally.

But my reasons against a £120 fine remain.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…