BPs attemps to stop the oil leak has failed.

Cymro. 10:26 30 May 10

click here
The latest attempt to stop the Gulf of Mexico oil leak has failed, the oil giant BP has said.

So have you any suggestions as to how to solve this problem then. Serious once from those of you who know about such things but perhaps some humorous once from the rest.
Yes I do know that it is a very serious problem and so not one to laugh at, but that is just how I feel this morning.

Monoux 10:50 30 May 10

Get the little dutch boy out of retirement !!

Cymro. 10:55 30 May 10

Short and to the point, a score of 9 for that I think.

morddwyd 11:07 30 May 10

Don't wish to rain on anybody's parade, but I can't see any humour in this.

People already going out of business, jobs being lost.

America has wooed big business, but, as usual, the little guys are paying the price.

Cymro. 11:13 30 May 10

I said at the start of this thread
"Yes I do know that it is a very serious problem and so not one to laugh at, but that is just how I feel this morning"

So if you feel differently there is no need for you to post further on this one is there?
0 points for that one.

Forum Editor 11:24 30 May 10

that some people have completely failed to grasp the seriousness of this situation. Thousands of people in the area are facing bankruptcy, and the risk to the natural ecosystems is enormous.

Remarks about little Dutch boys are fatuous, and juvenile, and I'm not prepared to host a thread which awards points for such nonsense.

Quickbeam 11:37 30 May 10

Their biggest problem is that it's never happened in such an inaccessible location before. Once they eventually sort it, they will have the technique for the next time, which will surely happen as we want oil out of even more inaccessible places in the future... Falklands oil?

bremner 11:39 30 May 10

Lets think of amusing ways to describe the killing of the Bradford woman?

Cymro. 11:39 30 May 10

and if you want to end this thread right now there is nothing any of us can do about it.

I can`t be bothered to check back on old threads on this forum but I wonder if more serious subjects than this one have been treated in a lighthearted manner in the past.

If the thread is allowed to continue we shall see how other members see it. Remember FE this forum is its members and just because you can`t see something in a lighthearted way does not mean that the rest of us don`t.

I am always out for Sunday lunch so may not be around to see how this one goes but I will see tomorrow what you decide.

I don`t think you should set yourself up as some sort of moral guardian over our sense of humor. Much worse has been posted in the past.

Forum Editor 11:42 30 May 10

and just because you can`t see something in a lighthearted way does not mean that the rest of us don`t."

Well I think I know the members of this forum better than you. I think the vast majority will not see this as something to make jokes about because "that is just how I feel this morning."

Cymro. 11:50 30 May 10

It is the actual oil leak that I wanted this thread to be about. Not the explosion that caused the deaths of the workers who were on it at the time nor anyone who suffers financially because of it.

I think you know this and are just trying to be priggish and high minded about it. I feel a particular way this morning and you feel another. As has been said many times this is after all just a forum. I will not let this spoil my lunch nor I am sure will you or anyone else.
Must go now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant