BP are the leaders...

ray7 17:35 19 May 08

Certainly in this area, BP always lead the field in increasing their forecourt petrol prices, usually 2/3 dsys before the competitors follow suit. It amazes me why motorists don't boycott them and drive approx 1 mile to a cheaper competitor.

Forum Editor 17:39 19 May 08

or perhaps they can't be bothered to drive the extra mile, or perhaps they're not that interested in shopping around to that extent. Perhaps some people are driving the extra mile, and you don't know about it. Short of sitting there and counting people you're not going to be able to tell.

Lots of people buy petrol for business use, and the company foots the bill, so maybe that's one of the reasons.

Forum Editor 18:08 19 May 08

any of these 'let's all band together and make the Petrol companies sit up and think' emails with requests that people pass them on.

I'm afraid they'll be deleted on sight.

Forum Editor 18:26 19 May 08

merely out of context, since I deleted the post that contained a long 'pass it on' message that has circulated on the internet for some time. It exhorts motorists to band together to influence the Petrol companies.

We don't permit 'pass it on to all your friends' type messages on the forum.

Curio 18:39 19 May 08

Didn't think it through, just seemed relevant.

Stuartli 20:01 19 May 08

Driving the mile further on (and most likely back) will nullify most of the financial savings.

I'm given the Tesco 5p a litre off vouchers by the youngest offspring - my car holds 12 gallons and the average saving is about £2.50 when filling up on the full price.

oresome 20:36 19 May 08

Business users make up a large percentage of drivers and won't be fussed over a few pence per litre.

They'll be more concerned at the inevitable queues at the supermarket pumps and the fact they have to drive off a main road to reach the forecourt.

ray7 21:02 19 May 08

My main point of the thread was not the economies of whether or not to choose to purchase but the reason WHY they are ALWAYS first to increase prices.

interzone55 08:48 20 May 08

My local BP garage has just added 3p to a litre of Diesel, so I suppose Asda will do the same before Saturday when I pop there to fill up...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac