Boycott The PS3

Bushbabe 14:34 01 Mar 07

I have salivated and dreamt about getting a playstation 3 for such a long time and finally it is here!. The only thing is Sony's ridiculous price of £450.00 has left a very sour taste in my mouth yet across the pond the PS3 60gb version is retailing at just £204 pounds including four games
click here
Rip off Britain is back and stronger than ever. Why are we paying more than double everyone else!. Surely it doesn't cost an extra £246.00 to import these machines into the U.K?. Of course not! but lets face it, the playstation 3 is in trouble!. The whole project has been riddled with component failures and manufacturing delays from the start that's why we had no ps3's in the U.K for Christmas. Secondly it is being outsold by the the Wii and the Xbox 360 in the rest of the world.

click here

click here

and so I can only believe that Sony is recouping its losses in the U.K by making us not only pay our share but also the next mans share too!.

with games retailing at £50 each, Sony have created a millionaires play console that will leave poor parents and young bachelors like myself frustrated and financially challenged. (Try telling a young child he cant have one!). Thirdly the U.K version of Sony's PlayStation 3 will play fewer PlayStation 2 games than models launched earlier in Japan and America. So we are paying extra for an inferior machine
click here

Fourth, Sony will find that many British people bought the fantastic Wii in the playsations absence so we are not ready to buy another console just yet and with virtually no preorders at all the big u.k retailers for the PS3, (I keep getting bombarded with emails to buy one hurry! Hurry!) my prediction is the price will have to drop very quickly for the PS3 to Float.

So for now I am boycotting the PS3 and Windows Rip off vista which is so expensive you can by a new P.C and pay a few extra pounds for Vista to come pre loaded on it. I've also signed the Vista petition being submitted to parliament

click here

click here

Threes Strength In Numbers. If we all work together, we can make rip off Britain change.

Frustratedly yours

GANDALF <|:-)> 14:47 01 Mar 07

You have the choice to buy or not to buy.

G

Bushbabe 14:58 01 Mar 07

Bushbabe 15:05 01 Mar 07

Youve missed the point Gandalf of course I have the right to buy or not to buy but prices should be consistent and fair. Do you think all the people boycotting British Gas and choosing a different provider are doing it for nothing? of course not. Many companys make up the prices as the go along. When Bill Gates himself was asked why Vista was so expensive in the U.K he mumbled something about marketing and introduction to foreign markets. He was then asked if it costs an extra £150 to transport each copy of Vista into the U.K and he said no. People hike their prices here because they know they can get away with it 90% of the time. Thats whybthey call us rip off Britain? but you seem happy for it to stay that way. Do you work for Sony by any chance?

GANDALF <|:-)> 15:38 01 Mar 07

click here read this recent thread for views on pricing and may enlighten you as to the way in which companies charge for items and the way basic economics work.

'Many companys make up the prices as the go along'...utter rubbish. Prices are set using complex methods. They are set to achieve the best price possible, similar to auctions where people enter goods to do the same.

'People hike their prices here because they know they can get away with it 90% of the time'....yes and people will buy it. New cars still go out the showrooms at an alarming rate yet the UK is one of the most expensive countries too buy a car. If I offered you £5000 for your car and someone offered £3000 which offer would you take?

'you seem happy for it to stay that way'...I will use my choice to buy if I feel the price is right. No one has died from not having a PS3.

'Do you work for Sony by any chance?'..they cannot afford my daily rate.

G

jackhass 15:47 01 Mar 07

If I won one ,I would be happy to dump it as quickly as possible for some cash.

Games....mmm.
All a bit sad for me.I prefer real-time play!

Arthur Scrimshaw 15:47 01 Mar 07

You have the choice. I'm looking to buy a PS3, but as I did with the PS2, I'll wait until it reaches a price I'm prepared to pay. If you're not willing to be patient, then you will (literally) pay the price.
No point in complaining to Sony, they obviously believe there will be enough people who will be desperate enough and enough to buy the console at that price.

Confab 19:11 01 Mar 07

Now let me think.... you could start a petition!

Confab

georgemac © 12:14 02 Mar 07

I am going to wait but think I only have a month as my son is desparate to get one and his birthday is at the end of April - I hope the price comes down by then - I am currently trying to persuade him to get an x-box but am having no joy.

Any links which show the x-box is superior will be welcomed by me.

Kate B 12:28 02 Mar 07

I doubt it will come down by the end of next month, I'm afraid - not unless it flops badly and I doubt that will happen.

Point out that the 360 is more versatile - you can use it as Media Center Extender; and there's a much bigger catalogue of games. Point him at the news stories about much of the back catalogue being incompatible because Sony is leaving out the emulation chip. And point out that the launch games are hardly compelling. Also, it's going to be more than the £400-odd RRP because most, if not all, retailers are going to sell it only in bundles, which will take the price up I imagine at least another £50, if not more.

In fact, tell him to lump it - he's getting a 360 and he can save up for the PS3.

Arthur Scrimshaw 17:49 02 Mar 07

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5