boucheries chevalines

interzone55 11:24 28 May 12

Eating horse meat is taboo in many countries, and I have a feeling it's actually illegal in the UK.

If that's the case, why was I able to buy Zebra burgers from a farmers market yesterday, isn't a zebra pretty much a horse in funky clothing?

wiz-king 12:25 28 May 12

Not illegal - just not the done thing, old boy.

Input Overload 12:37 28 May 12

Cat burgers to keep the population down? ha ha

BT 13:00 28 May 12

You can eat just about any animal if you are so inclined

Exotic meats

spuds 13:33 28 May 12

The problem with all these exotic meats, is that the larger type supermarkets seem to advertise them, yet not for very long?.

daz60 19:31 28 May 12

I recall some years ago commenting to some one remarking on my food that 'we eat nature and nature eats us',he then looked at me with a strange gleam in his eye.

flycatcher1 19:35 28 May 12

There was a Horse Meat Butchers in Doncaster in the fifties. Is that where the Pit Ponies went? I hope not.

interzone55 19:37 28 May 12

I have a feeling Shergar ended up in kebab shops across Ireland

john bunyan 20:00 28 May 12

Alan 14 I think you had Zebu. It is a beef like S African animal, a bit tough for my palate. See Zebu I have had it in Beefeaters of all places.

interzone55 20:28 28 May 12

john bunyan

Nope, it's Zebra, I've also got a pack of Wildebeest and Springbok burgers as well.

The same stall had Kangeroo and Emu burgers and steaks

john bunyan 20:51 28 May 12

alan 14

I find horse meat a bit sweet for my taste. Very healthy though, the fat has far more unsaturated fat than beef. Rendered horse fat is more like an oil. Used to occasionally have it in wartime, and occasionally in France. Hope you enjoy your Zebra burgers. I have eaten snake, miss rabbit. Was a bit worried when offered wild boar in deepest Sarawak, but it was fine if cooked well.If the zebra meat is "sustainable" (ie bred for the table) I see no problem, any more than meat in general, I would find it difficult to eat dog in China, however.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017