bottom ten of all time

sunny staines 12:04 27 May 06

click here

what are your views on the worst.
I agree with AOL, WINDOWS ME, & REALPLAYER

johndrew 12:23 27 May 06

At the moment I would add Acronis True Image 8.0 to the list!!!

See click here

ade.h 12:52 27 May 06

I certainly agree with #8 and #18!

CurlyWhirly 12:57 27 May 06

I was with AOL for over 5 years and while I will say that they offered a reliable connection with NO caps or traffic shaping, I don't rate their customer support very highly as I used to find myself being passed from one department to another with my query still going unanswered :(

The main reason why I migrated away was because they were taking too long with the roll out of Max DSL.

Looking at the list, I wouldn't say that AOL deserve to be in first place (i.e. the worst) but certainly in the top 10.

bosmere 13:14 27 May 06

I don't know what it's like now but Norton SystemWorks is the worst thing I've encountered.

Jimmy14 18:20 27 May 06

I had Windows Milenium edition when i bought a new pc in 2000 and used it till 2004. Liked it and never had any problems with it. It got a bit too old so decided to buy a high spec laptop to try and keep up with the latest technology

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:33 27 May 06

Norton should be on the list

Was a great set of programs until Peter Norton sold it on to the big boys.

bosmere 19:08 27 May 06

Same here Jimmy14 - and still running ME on my desktop.

Mr Mistoffelees 19:16 27 May 06

Why? Although some people seem to have problems with it, there are very many, myself included, who find Norton software works very well and does not slow the PC to a crawl as some claim.

ade.h 19:19 27 May 06

ME wasn't to bad in terms of reliability; not as bad as some people found it to be, for sure.

But it felt out of date as soon as it was released. Just a spit and polish of 98SE. Until XP, Windows lagged way behind Mac OS. I got XP on its release day!

sunny staines 20:00 27 May 06

Must admit I am one of the few who still like Norton. But it is no where near as useful as it used to be.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…