Boris for mayor?

Flak999 11:21 04 Aug 07

Would Boris Johnson make a good mayor of London? Apparently not according to an article in todays Guardian! click here

Is it significant that no other paper is running this story?

Or is this the lefts opening salvo in the dirty tricks campaign to keep Boris from office?

Pine Man 11:33 04 Aug 07

Boris gets my vote!

Probabilitydrive 11:35 04 Aug 07

Bumbling in the UK? Boris is the ticket...

spuds 11:55 04 Aug 07

Not living anywhere near London, I couldn't care less who is up for election. I and a number of neighbours and colleagues have enough problems,in trying to get our own local representatives to work for the community, once they are elected.But I did notice a newspaper photograph of Ken Livingston on a tube train the other week, reading a copy of Boris's autobiography ;o).

Cymro. 12:18 04 Aug 07

I could never agree with Boris`s politics, but at least he has more personality about him than most politicians.

I don`t suppose he will ever make his mark in the Westminster government, so from his point of view becoming the mayor of London could be a good move.

It is mayor of London or just some second rate TV personality and third rate politician.

J B 12:30 04 Aug 07

Sounds to me that there is a little smell of dirty tricks beginning to emanate from the left wing press again. Politics is a favourite target of the press, in fact IMHO it is endemic. Voting is a personal choice and it should be done on the issues and not by the influence the press has on the public. Politicians in the U.S. are subject to some of the worst dirty tricks in the business, so one hopes that it doesn't get that bad here. J.B.

€dstowe 12:36 04 Aug 07

Brian Paddick is being put forward as a candidate as well. If you don't know who Brian Paddick is click here click here

Problem will most likely be that with him in contention, it will split the vote for Livingstone and allow the circus act of Boris more chance of getting in.

Stuartli 13:42 04 Aug 07

Despite your belief, Boris is not a circus act.

In fact he's a highly intelligent man who fulfills a number of serious job roles with great skill.

At least he won't be carrying so many chips on the shoulder as the current incumbent...:-)

What's more, Ken is clearly very rattled by the prospect of Boris standing against him, especially with the tremendous volume of support the MP is already receiving from the general public.

wee eddie 13:42 04 Aug 07

coverage about London. I would have thought he was ideal.

I can remember the brouhahas when "Red" Ken became Mayor. I may be wrong but I think that he has certainly kept London in the News and his reign has not been the catastrophe foreseen.

€dstowe 13:54 04 Aug 07

Boris continues to demonstrate that he is a buffoon. Highly intelligent he may be but that doesn't help his foot-in-mouth disease which he constantly displays (see Guardian article in the first post here).

His skill in carrying out serious job roles is not shown very clearly in the number of times he has been sacked from these "serious positions" - mainly for his lack of any forethought in what he says or does.

Totally-braindead 14:24 04 Aug 07

Boris reminds me of my ex brother in law, very intelligent but little or no common sense hence him putting his foot in his mouth all time.
I wouldn't trust him to empty the bins ( no offence intended to binmen who do a sterling job in all weathers ).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…