Boris' First Mayoral Gaffe?

€dstowe 15:22 01 Jun 08
  peter99co 15:24 01 Jun 08

That is not a Gaffe it is a symptom of the society we live in these days. Any excuse for a party!

GANDALF <|:-)> 15:25 01 Jun 08

..and how is it his fault that people behave like asses?

G

GANDALF <|:-)> 15:25 01 Jun 08

..and how is it his fault that people behave like asses?

G

gengiscant 15:46 01 Jun 08

You really should get out more.17 arrests?
"Several trains were damaged and withdrawn from service, which led to suspended services."
These included seats within those trains that had booze spilt on them.
Normally the druggies and winos can urinate etc with impunity,no danger of a train being withdrawn from service because of that,will this rule stop the winos or druggies drinking on the tube.NO

I hope all had a good time.

Pine Man 15:48 01 Jun 08

What on earth has this got to do with Boris Johnson?

paul€ 17:04 01 Jun 08

How is it a gaffe from Boris?

From today it will be illegal to openly drink on the tube, that is a good thing. That's one of Boris's.

mikef. 17:16 01 Jun 08

It's not a Boris gaffe at all, in fact to me it shows he was right to fetch this in if that's how the idiots want to behave

Mr Mistoffelees 17:31 01 Jun 08

I agree, the behaviour of the idiots shows that the policy is right.

LastChip 17:39 01 Jun 08

If ever you've got on a train or bus late at night, they can only be described as pig sty's.

If people act like animals, then let them be treated as such. Why should it be acceptable to just throw away your rubbish in public places?

Goodness only knows what their homes are like!

I just hope it becomes a Nation-wide initiative AND it is enforced.

There are plenty of perfectly reasonable people who simply want to get on a clean and tidy bus or train. Surely that's not too much to ask?

Stuartli 17:48 01 Jun 08

The British Transport police immediately welcomed the decision by Boris to ban alcohol on the Tube and it's being seriously considered in other cities in the UK.

One of its chief female officers has reiterated that support today following the disturbances.

You are usually right on the ball but seem to have completely misread this one....:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac