A boost for free legitimate music downloads...

ade.h 22:06 12 May 06

After more than a year lying unchanged and un-cared-for, Epitonic.com has finally had a huge makeover. (I only visited it to see if it still existed at all!)

I've only had a brief look, but most if not all of the old content seems to be there, plus some new stuff. The download method is a bit odd. Rather than clicking a link and getting the track, it's downloaded via the Flash interface on the left, under Playlist. According to the blogs, they're still working on the new format anyway. Enjoy!

click here

mammak 23:07 12 May 06

This is only my personal opinion but I am dubious about free music downloads
although the site looks good I will give you that, how can an individual be certain?
It is legal with all the laws concerning music downloads I for one would feel more in line with the law and pay for my music as I said it is a personal opinion and well and good if it is legitimate and before you think the worst of me I have not thought for one minute that you would post anything that was illegal it is just that I personally think legal pay .

ade.h 23:28 12 May 06

Don't worry; that site has been in existence since 1999 (in its previous form) and has built up a good rep.

It's totally legitimate because all the content is provided by the publishers/copyright holders for the purposes of promoting their work. Just like music.download.com, which is another major legit source of free downloads. They are in select company, because there aren't many!

I had been suing Epitonic from about 2000, but about a year ago, the owners ran into monetary difficulties, it changed hands, and was left to rot with no updates whatsoever.

Click on Terms of Service at the bottom right of the page, and you'll get the rundown on the copyright and download permissions.

"The contents of Epitonic.com and its services are provided solely for your personal and non-commercial use. All material published on Epitonic.com or forwarded to you by email or other delivery method are protected by copyright and owned or controlled by Sputnik 7 LLC, d.b.a. Epitonic.com or the party credited with the content. You may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, reproduce, create new works from, distribute, perform, display or otherwise exploit in any form any of the content, except as follows:

You may download or copy any of the content on our site or delivered to you for personal use only, provided that you maintain all copyright and other notices contained therein. In addition, you may forward our email newsletter to whomever you choose provided that you forward the newsletter in its entirety with no alterations or deletions, including, though not limited to, bylines, titles, advertisements and copyright statements."

ade.h 23:29 12 May 06

I would like to clarify that I have not - ever - sued Epitonic, but have in fact been *using* it since 2000. Unfortunate typo! :-D

bosmere 07:55 13 May 06

Nice site ade.h, thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…