Boarding Parties In The Gulf.

Bingalau 15:13 24 Apr 07

Now that the Royal Navy is resuming the task of boarding and searching ships in the "Gulf". I think it is about time we heard from the captain of HMS Cornwall. He was last seen holding his head in his hands on an early morning news bulletin on the day of the kidnapping of his men. Is he still in charge of that ship? Or is he scheduled for a Courts Martial? ... I notice all news from HMS Cornwall ceased from that broadcast on.

MrNerdy 15:23 24 Apr 07

HMS Cornwall was not designed to operate in the area it is currently working in. In Gulf War I Minesweepers were used, these can work in the shallow areas of the region.
Sadly some of these ships are waiting to be sold, seems the Royal Navy does not need them anymore!

g0slp 16:13 24 Apr 07

The Commanding Officer of HMS Cornwall wasn't actually the most Senior Officer on board. There was a Commodore on board who was in charge of the whole Task group.

It's the actions of the latter which should be examined closer.

In addition, as MrNerdy rightly points out, Cornwall isn't designed to operate in such shallow waters. Whoever made the decision to task such a ship with inshore operations should be investigated too.

Anyway, let's see what comes to light after the enquiries, but I suspect that the dead hand of the politicos will be at work in any event...

GANDALF <|:-)> 16:29 24 Apr 07

'Now that the Royal Navy is resuming the task of boarding and searching ships in the "Gulf".....oh dear, dear.

Unless the sailors have their Ipods and the ability to whine about how bad they were treated by having said IPods removed and, horror of horrors...being called 'Mr bean', I fear they may be on a sticky wicket.

G

Forum Editor 18:49 24 Apr 07

we heard from the captain of HMS Cornwall.

I don't. I've heard enough about HMS Cornwall to last several lifetimes.

oresome 19:33 24 Apr 07

Are we using something less expensive like rubber dingies?

Our boats haven't been returned yet from this or the previous incident. I think they're developing a navy on the cheap.

Jak_1 20:29 24 Apr 07

Bingalau

The Commanding Officer of HMS Cornwall wasn't actually the most Senior Officer on board. There was a Commodore on board who was in charge of the whole Task group.

It's the actions of the latter which should be examined closer.

The Commodore may have been the Senior Officer but was not the Commanding Officer of Cornwall. The ships Commanding Officer has responsibility of the ship and her crew, not the Commodore.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…