BNP Caught Lying - again

interzone55 09:08 28 May 09

On Friday the BNP's website was down, and came back early this week.

Naturally Nick Griffin decided this was the result of the "largest cyber attack in recorded history", the result of "A conspiracy by "Marxist cyber criminals" campaigning against the BNP"

They also claim that the Denial of Service Attack was targeted against Clear Channel who provide the BNPs street advertising - although Clear Channel deny they've been attacked.

Naturally this is a total pile of bull poo - the BNP simply moved their website to a different ISP and the new IP address hadn't propagated to the DNS servers properly.

Read more at

click here
click here
and an update here
click here

Armchair 10:09 28 May 09

A political party that tells lies?! Why, I've never heard of such a thing! Hahahahaha etc.

Seth Haniel 10:09 28 May 09

all the other parties then...

if you can't beat them join them (in lying) ;)

jack 10:31 28 May 09

Whoppers so thay can out lie the others if ever we have the misfortune to elect them to Westminster.

lotvic 11:58 28 May 09

Oh no! I hope they don't claim on their expenses the costs of sorting it out :P

ened 14:13 28 May 09

If they do it will be "Within the rules"!

rawprawn 17:28 28 May 09

Although my political tendecies have always been towards one party (I will not mention which as it makes no difference to this post)I seem now to have lost confidence in all of them.
I really don't know how any party is going to persuade voters that they are doing "The right thing" and have their constituents at heart.
It's a mess!!

ened 17:40 28 May 09

Couldn't agree more.

There is something to be said for deselecting the lot of them and starting afresh at the General Election.

They have all been part of the system and whether or not they took full advantage they ALL knew what was going on!

Armchair 17:52 28 May 09

Yeah, none of them turned around and said, "Oh, this expenses system is costing our constituents far too much! Let's do something about it before an outsider cottons on and blows the whistle on us.", did they?

rawprawn 18:18 28 May 09

If only the electorate were enabled to call ageneral election which of course is not possible, I feel all parties would tread more warily.
Perhaps MP's could be deselected by a constituency vote, if there was a vote of no confidence by the local party.

rawprawn 18:21 28 May 09

PS. Politics, and it's manouverings has never been my strong point.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now