Blueyonder Free Speed Upgrades

De Marcus™ 11:36 23 Sep 05

Can anyone confirm whether the rumours I heard are true? I don't seem to be able to find anything on their website (wood for the trees methinks).

Entry level now 2mb at £17.99.
Existing customers on 1mb service will be upgraded to 4mb and the broadband elite (2 and 4mb) will be upgraded to 10mb, for free and supposed to be happening in this month?

De Marcus™ 11:54 23 Sep 05

And it's true, woohoo!

click here

Joe R 16:46 23 Sep 05

De Marcus™,

Had mines upgraded to the 4Mb service, (from 1Mb) yesterday.

bremner 17:54 23 Sep 05

Telewest are rolling it out from now til Xmas - Joe R what area are you in as you seem to be first.

VoG II 18:35 23 Sep 05

I's actually going to be *cheaper* for 'elite' customers. E-mail received today:

Dear Mr Git

As a valued blueyonder broadband elite customer we are making your service even better.

Coming soon - 4Mb becomes 10Mb for £35

Soon we will be increasing your download speed from 4Mb to up to 10Mb.

In addition, we will be reducing the price of your service from £50 to £35 per month.

Your service will remain completely unlimited, so you don't have to worry about how much you use the Internet or the amount you download.

The new speeds will be rolled out region by region from the end of September until early 2006.

You will not need to do anything, the changes will happen automatically, and we will let you know when you can start to benefit from your new speed.

The price reduction will show for all elite customers, on their bill for November to December services.

Joe R 11:03 25 Sep 05

bremner,

Sorry for not getting back earlier.

I live in the Glasgow South/Lanarkshire area, and everyone I know around me, has been upgraded this week past.

Lead 11:18 25 Sep 05

North Liverpool here and still no upgrade yet :(

I'm currently on 4mb and will love 10mb, but in all honesty, I'm best pleased with the price reduction :)

bremner 11:18 25 Sep 05

Hopefully that does not mean they are starting in the North and working South!! - I am in Surrey

Yoda Knight 15:14 26 Sep 05

Edinburgh - still waiting....

roisin dubh 16:45 26 Sep 05

Is jealous. Lives in a tiny backward corner of West Yorkshire that is officially NTL territory. NTL ran out of money before laying cable in our area and Blueyonder/Telewest won't because it's NTL area. Stuck with broadband through BT line. 4mb-10mb unlimited at a decent price is as much a distant pipe dream as internal combustion was to Captain Caveman

mac donald 20:45 27 Sep 05

falkirk still waiting

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…