Bluetooth headsets

lisa02 15:45 08 May 07

Are a god send for drivers and such, but why do people walk round all day wearing them?

I was at a community meeting for mums and youngsters recently and two people where wearing the things.

Sitting at our group one of them just started chatting randomly or so we thought... She'd answered a call mid conversation with us.

Manners, courtesy and taste are badly lacking with these people.

Take them off you look very silly! Not cool, just silly!!

MrNerdy 16:39 08 May 07

Whilst in the Office at work they are banned, mostly as being close to IT equipment can effect the signal.

Some people treat them as a status symbol!

Forum Editor 17:59 08 May 07

I smile inwardly when I see someone (invariably a man) wandering around the supermarket with a Bluetooth headset blinking away on his ear.

I've seen them worn by men lying on the beach in Barbados, too. I bet these people have electric tie racks at home.

"Look, I'm so important I have to be available at all times, even here, on a Sandy Lane sun lounger".

Give me strength.

wee eddie 18:10 08 May 07

of the Gold Medallion and the Chest Rug.

And just about as naf

STREETWORK 19:24 08 May 07

I think women wear than to look like Seven-Of-Nine, Men wear then because they forgot they were there and only know how to place them on the ear...

octal 19:29 08 May 07

Don't panic, don't panic, it's the Borg, resistance is futile.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:07 08 May 07

Put one on and you can happily talk to the voices in your head and no one thinks your mad.

;0)

Jak_1 20:31 08 May 07

When people I know who wear them tell me they feel like an idiot when using them, my usual reply is 'No coment!' :)))

riiverstock 20:53 08 May 07

Recently I was doing some research into the dangerous radiation side-effects from bluetooth head devices and found out that a bigger head resulted in a higher dose of radiation.

This is mainly due to the large empty volume found between the drums of a typical bluetooth head dongle user.

Found to be on a par with the dangers posed by wi-fi.

Koochy 21:05 08 May 07

i know a guy that has one on permanently even when in the house, he says it's easier than disconnecting then reconnecting when he goes out again "WHAT" i think it is just the child in a middle aged mans body.

Koochy

WhiteTruckMan 22:10 08 May 07

and broken a third I find its easier and safer just to keep it in my ear. Especially as the speaker on my (formerly) trusty motorola has packed up and the only way to make a call is with the headset.

Replacing the phone is at about the middle of volume six of my 'to do' list.

WTM

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…