blown air heating

sunnystaines 21:39 24 Apr 15

seen this in a bungalow eighties era is this an efficient system or would central gas heating with a combi boiler and radiators be a better option.

welcome any comments pro or anti blown air heating no nothing about it.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:25 24 Apr 15

Inefficient by today's standards

budget for fitting full central heating

sunnystaines 22:39 24 Apr 15

thanks for the feed back. would approx £3k cover central heating for a combi boiler, rads in two bedrooms lounge and diner.

sunnystaines 22:40 24 Apr 15

that is a plumber fitting not me.

bumpkin 23:00 24 Apr 15

I would have thought that £3k or thereabouts would cover it unless central London or you use British Gas.

bumpkin 23:08 24 Apr 15

A friend of mine (super techie) has blown air in his house and refuses to change it.

bumpkin 23:34 24 Apr 15

Something that you could have at look at click here

bumpkin 23:56 24 Apr 15

Jock1e, "And of course make sure tat it has a gas connection in it and is not all electric."

Blown air works on gas so presumaly the property has a gas connection.

LanceAlot 02:33 25 Apr 15

I kew someone with a bungalow in the 60s who installed underfloor heating. An innovation at the time.

sunnystaines 07:39 25 Apr 15

thanks for the feedback, bumkin that link made a good read.

carver 08:56 25 Apr 15

sunnystaines don't get confused with old 60's blown air heating and todays modern technology, the latest systems are very good.

On the plus side you already have the layout for a blown air system and if done correctly can be more efficient than boilers and rads.

The air in these new systems can be scrubbed clean and helps with condensation problems and one other plus is there are no pipes with water running through them to freeze and leak and for a bungalow would be ideal.

So if you suffer from breathing problems the air can be cleaned with these new systems so reducing dust in the rooms.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…