Blog-less blogs

SG Atlantis® 19:53 20 Feb 06

click here

click here

FE and the Editor, nothing to say in your blogs...?

Appreciate you're busy folks and all that, but it's been months since the last the updates on there.

SG Atlantis® 19:59 20 Feb 06

I should say, that I am asking because I enjoyed reading some of the previous entries...

dmc727 20:02 20 Feb 06

Looking at the magazine there is a new editor, Matthew Bath.

SG Atlantis® 20:12 20 Feb 06

Where? the March issue, no 128, has Guy Dixon as the editor.

dmc727 20:15 20 Feb 06

Looking at issue 129 - April.

SG Atlantis® 20:20 20 Feb 06

Ah, I haven't read the new one yet, it's still out in the hallway, just looking now and you're right.

Comparing both there's been a couple of changes.

SG Atlantis® 20:23 20 Feb 06

I thought I'd seen Mr Bath's name before click here

dmc727 20:28 20 Feb 06

Digital World was also produced from the same WC1 address as Pc Advisor so he hasn’t moved far.

VoG II 20:32 20 Feb 06
  Forum Editor 14:47 21 Feb 06

and Matthew Bath is now our Editor.

This might be an appropriate moment for me to publicly express the debt of gratitude I owe to Guy Dixon - who provided me with unwavering support during the years we spent nurturing this forum.

At times I know I caused Guy a few headaches - not least when I once upset a major advertiser by criticising the company in a major way in the forum. Not once did his loyalty to me falter, and in the early days of my Forum Editorship I knew that I could always count on Guy for his advice and encouragement. My penchant for asserting my editorial independence must have been hard to live with at times, but if he felt irritation Guy never expressed it. He became a good friend over the years, and I shall miss him. I'm sure you would all want to wish Guy good luck in his new job.

Matthew has a difficult job to do, and I look forward to working with him in the future - I know that he shares my enthusiasm for the way the forum is shaping, and I have no doubt that under Matthew's editorship the magazine is in very good hands indeed.

Now for the apology. I admit that I'm not the world's best blogger. Everyone has been very patient with me, but I've definitely allowed things to slide in the blogging department. My excuse has been that I am on the move a lot lately, and I haven't had the time. That's a pretty lame excuse, because I obviously have time to sit here typing long-winded excuses. My aim is to reform - look for more blogs from me from now on, and feel free to chide if I fail.

dmc727 16:07 21 Feb 06

As the new editor Matthew Bath points out in the magazine change is a natural process so it is not unexpected to see occasional change in personnel. I found great interest and help in the magazine under Guy Gibson and look forward to the contribution of the new editor.

In his opening statement Matthew Bath signals change is all around us and that will be reflected in the magazine as it tries to guide us all forward; also an emphasis on support for the us consumers when things go wrong. Good luck.

I looked up what a blog really is - it is typically a web diary updated daily, blogs often reflect the personality of the author.

So I wouldn’t worry FE as your real blog is in the forums.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…