Bless him

Apron 06:44 29 Dec 06

My grandson found me a lovely site to watch wildlife. A webcam no less, I spent too much time on it yesterday. I still spent ages watching our own herons though. I think this will become one of those shameful things that I do when I am having a boring telephone conversation.

Jak_1 07:17 29 Dec 06

Good grief Apron, what are you doing up at this unearthly hour of the morning! I know the type of telephone conversations you mean!

Apron 07:27 29 Dec 06

Morning Jak.
Good grief what are you doing up at this unearthly hour?
I've been up for two hours, it's my body clock. In the summer I go straight out with the dog, but the winter means a long wait for the light. My neighbours are sensitive, they often follow me anyway ( not just me of course) and if I go out in the dark they might let their paranoia get the better of them.
How do you wile away the early hours.

Jak_1 07:31 29 Dec 06

I don't go back to work until Tuesday, fell asleep in front of the telly last night and woke up at 5 am went to bed and found I couldn't sleep!

Apron 07:37 29 Dec 06

Ooh I bet your back aches. My sons used to do that. This holiday is too long, if anyone wants to invade this would be a good time to do it, we're closed.
There is a streak of pale grey in the sky, time to get the wellies.
Try to watch more interesting programmes.

Jak_1 07:52 29 Dec 06

Too long, I deliberately save 3 days leave to take at this time of year so I can have the whole Christmas/New Year off. For years I had to work over this period either in the Royal Naval Hospital in Plymouth or I was abroad. Now I take advantage of being able to have this period free from work.

pavvi 08:21 29 Dec 06

You wantg to try working in retail: if the shopping centre I work in wasn't closed Boxing Day and New year's day I would have had only 1 day off over he whole CHristmas period, and my company doesn't do double time or even time and a half.....

lisa02 10:34 29 Dec 06

You're carphone warehouse pavvi? They where mysteriously closed in our local centre yesterday "due to circumstances beyond their control"...shop in darkness. The other phone shops where doing a right trade.

We get time and a half for sundays and paid for bank holidays or store closure if we are contracted to work that day, it's a big retail giant though.

Apron 11:03 29 Dec 06

Anyone belong to USDAW pavvi?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac