Bless him

Apron 06:44 29 Dec 06

My grandson found me a lovely site to watch wildlife. A webcam no less, I spent too much time on it yesterday. I still spent ages watching our own herons though. I think this will become one of those shameful things that I do when I am having a boring telephone conversation.

Jak_1 07:17 29 Dec 06

Good grief Apron, what are you doing up at this unearthly hour of the morning! I know the type of telephone conversations you mean!

Apron 07:27 29 Dec 06

Morning Jak.
Good grief what are you doing up at this unearthly hour?
I've been up for two hours, it's my body clock. In the summer I go straight out with the dog, but the winter means a long wait for the light. My neighbours are sensitive, they often follow me anyway ( not just me of course) and if I go out in the dark they might let their paranoia get the better of them.
How do you wile away the early hours.

Jak_1 07:31 29 Dec 06

I don't go back to work until Tuesday, fell asleep in front of the telly last night and woke up at 5 am went to bed and found I couldn't sleep!

Apron 07:37 29 Dec 06

Ooh I bet your back aches. My sons used to do that. This holiday is too long, if anyone wants to invade this would be a good time to do it, we're closed.
There is a streak of pale grey in the sky, time to get the wellies.
Try to watch more interesting programmes.

Jak_1 07:52 29 Dec 06

Too long, I deliberately save 3 days leave to take at this time of year so I can have the whole Christmas/New Year off. For years I had to work over this period either in the Royal Naval Hospital in Plymouth or I was abroad. Now I take advantage of being able to have this period free from work.

pavvi 08:21 29 Dec 06

You wantg to try working in retail: if the shopping centre I work in wasn't closed Boxing Day and New year's day I would have had only 1 day off over he whole CHristmas period, and my company doesn't do double time or even time and a half.....

lisa02 10:34 29 Dec 06

You're carphone warehouse pavvi? They where mysteriously closed in our local centre yesterday "due to circumstances beyond their control"...shop in darkness. The other phone shops where doing a right trade.

We get time and a half for sundays and paid for bank holidays or store closure if we are contracted to work that day, it's a big retail giant though.

Apron 11:03 29 Dec 06

Anyone belong to USDAW pavvi?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…