A 'Blair Free' country.

Pine Man 17:09 02 Oct 08

The other Blair (Sir Ian, the met Chief) has resigned.

peter99co 17:11 02 Oct 08

Yes but can someone tell Cherie to shut up?

Forum Editor 17:55 02 Oct 08

Boris Johnson clearly has no confidence in him, and that's an opinion that's shared by many. Being the first Metropolitan Police Commissioner to resign in over 90 years isn't exactly a glorious end to a career.

Quickbeam 18:13 02 Oct 08

Will we get Commissioner Gordon in next...?

oresome 18:36 02 Oct 08

Interestingly, Boris has no formal say in the appointment of Blair's successor.

Stuartli 18:39 02 Oct 08

According to some "insiders" in the force, the rank and file police officers had little time for Sir Ian Blair - not exactly a happy state of affairs.

Forum Editor 18:44 02 Oct 08

One thing's for sure - nobody will be appointed unless Boris Johnson signals his approval.

Pine Man 19:14 02 Oct 08

'One thing's for sure - nobody will be appointed unless Boris Johnson signals his approval.'

I know I started this thread about Blair but Boris Johnson has really surprised me. Not at all the buffoon he portrays himself as and as far as I am concerned is spot on with his views on Blair.

As many of you might know I am a retired police officer from a force neighbouring one of those that Blair served in on his rise to 'stardom'. It was always very interesting to hear comments from colleagues of mine in his force every time he got promoted!

Forum Editor 19:17 02 Oct 08

Boris is very far from being a buffoon, even if he does at times do a very good impression of one.He may well give Londoners a few pleasant surprises when he hits his stride.

Let's hope those words don't come back to haunt me, Boris.

Newuser38 20:05 02 Oct 08

Boris apparently made his point which has resulted in the resignation,as the new Chair of the Metropolitan Police Authority which he took over yesterday.

Stuartli 00:10 03 Oct 08

Good for Boris.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…