Blackpool Tower?

spider9 09:06 01 Apr 11

Anybody know if the Tower is still standing, or is it quake-proof? I believe it was built on rubber foundations, for just this type of emergency.
iclick here-

Nontek 09:14 01 Apr 11

Your link did not work ... anyway, what is the Date Today ?

Quickbeam 09:17 01 Apr 11

It was dismantled in the mid '70s to remain in keeping with the town council's move to set about lowering the general tone.

spider9 09:20 01 Apr 11

Apologies, an errant 'i' found it's way into the link!
Check out BBC news site!

spider9 09:25 01 Apr 11

ps
If you try ITN news, the latest is a Scottish space airport at Lossiemouth, in Danny Alexander's constituency.

carver 09:31 01 Apr 11

It was dismantled but a replica was erected in it's place built entirely of Blackpool Rock, the foundations are not rubber, how silly, they had a far better supply of Doughnuts so each leg is supported on a bed of stale jam doughnuts.

They did want to replace it with a full size blow up model but the councillors where told they were just talking a lot of hot air.

Uboat 09:33 01 Apr 11

"they had a far better supply of Doughnuts so each leg is supported on a bed of stale jam doughnuts"

Cant tell you how much that made me laugh! :-) ty Carver!

Cymro. 10:58 01 Apr 11

click here
Small earthquake hits Blackpool
There has been a small earthquake on the Lancashire coast, the British Geological Survey (BGS) has confirmed.
A small earth tremor was felt in the Blackpool area at about 0330 BST, they said.
Lancashire Police said calls had been received from several people who said their properties were shaking.
A BGS spokesman said that the 2.2 magnitude tremor was thought to have centred on Poulton-le-Fylde. No damage or injuries have been reported.

interzone55 12:04 01 Apr 11

I heard a lot of rattling in the early morning, can't tell you what time as it was too dark to read my watch.

I live about 20 miles as the crow flies from Poulton-le-Fylde

carver 13:56 01 Apr 11

I just normally turn over and tell her to stop nagging.

Dragon_Heart 02:38 02 Apr 11

That glass panel set on the observation deck you can walk over. I remember some years ago a small nasty little child was jumping up and down on the glass and I just happen to say "Did that glass have those cracks in the last time we came ?" ... he turned a nice shade of white and slid off the panel.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…