Black on Blue

1911 00:13 10 Dec 05

it the same old moan. Reading articles in the magazine in multicolour. I showed the January issue to my daughter, a primary school teacher, and she laughed out loud. She says thats the kind of look they have in books for 5year olds.
I suppose its too much to ask that everything should be black and white. But BLACK ON BLUE.Sorry for shouting. The majority of your readers sit at brown desks in front of beige coloured boxes with screens adjusted so we can read them easily. We dont realy care about coloured print. So we arent tempted to read articles in the magazine because they are a nice colour.Its a technical intrest publication. We read it for the content not the colour.Is there anything we can say to get you to stop this silly practice? It spoils a great magazine.

wee eddie 07:34 10 Dec 05

To be honest!!

I believe the problem is caused by an R&D Department which is trying to justify it's existence.

g0slp 08:58 10 Dec 05

I agree; there are several combinations of colours which cause problems for me, & I pass the Ishihara colour tests without problems, so quite how people with colour blindness manage is a mystery.

There seem to be many publications doing this sort of thing these days.

I'm told that it's "modern". Hmmm......

1911 10:27 10 Dec 05

wee eddie You have hit the nail on the head

spuds 10:52 10 Dec 05

A couple of years ago,a similar 'colour' question was raised within the forum, especially on website design. Shortly after that item appeared, I made a visit to the local RNIB workshop, and it was very surprising how they had all the answers to publication and website design, for those with eyesight errors. Perhaps some of these R&D people could learn a little more, if they spent a hour or so, consulting people like the RNIB.

Forum Editor 10:59 10 Dec 05

Actually, you haven't "hit the nail on the head". Nevertheless, I'm drawing this thread to the attention of the people who are responsible for page layouts.

sunny staines 11:28 10 Dec 05

my wife has poor eyesight on black on white is ok but coloured fonts on colour page backgound she cannot read which is frustrating.

g0slp 13:02 10 Dec 05

Thank you.

Mark

Chegs ®™ 13:35 10 Dec 05

One thing about PCA I like,any issues can be discussed(such as mag page colours)unlike other magazine titles I have tried.

1911 13:45 10 Dec 05

"I'm drawing this thread to the attention of the people who are responsible for page layouts."
Surely these people must have noticed the complaints. This comes up time and again. Have you ever had somebody write in saying they liked things being multicoloured. They buy it because its a great magazine.

1911 13:47 10 Dec 05

"I'm drawing this thread to the attention of the people who are responsible for page layouts."
Surely these people must have noticed the complaints. This comes up time and again. Have you ever had somebody write in saying they liked things being multicoloured. They buy it because its a great magazine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…