Bird flu found in Suffolk

royalflush 12:18 03 Feb 07

click here

mmm IS THIS WORRYING OR NOT....????

spuds 13:03 03 Feb 07

I was in the vet's yesterday, with one of the dog's. They didn't seem worried about bird flu, and most likely will not bother obtaining any vaccines.

Ho-Lin-Sok 13:09 03 Feb 07

Turket Twizzlers should be OK, contain enough additives to combat the Myxovirus.

Ho-Lin-Sok 13:11 03 Feb 07

Turket should be Turkey, suffering from digitalis randomitis.

GANDALF <|:-)> 13:13 03 Feb 07

Deeply disinterested.

G

PurplePenny 13:24 03 Feb 07

Not really. According to that report Defra have only confirmed that it is a strain of H5, not that it is H5N1. Birds catch strains of H5 all the time and have done for centuries.

If it is H5N1 it is unlikely to cause the levels of human cases that we have seen in Asia because our standards of animal husbandry hygiene are higher and we don't live in close proximity to the birds.

At the moment humans are catching the avian strain: it hasn't made the jump to a human strain yet.

The WHO scientists believe that it is most likely to happen in Asia (for the reasons given above).

WHO FAQ:
click here

josie mayhem 13:25 03 Feb 07

Nope!

Forum Editor 13:36 03 Feb 07

about whether my plum blossom will be clobbered by a late frost.

Jackcoms 13:47 03 Feb 07

I don't live in (or near) Suffolk so couldn't give a toss.

Kindly keep it to yourselves.

cycoze 14:00 03 Feb 07

It has been confirmed that it is the H5N1 virus, but experts stressed the outbreak was contained and posed little danger to humans click here

Bird owners will undoubtedly be worried, general public probably wont be.

Al94 14:07 03 Feb 07

My bird has the flu but hopefully she will get ove it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…