bioshock

citadel 00:01 25 Aug 07

just played a few hours but it very good, it like a mixture of half life and clive barkers undying. plays smooth as silk with everything turned on using a 7900gs. you can turn the xbox stuff off in the options.

Thalmus 00:45 25 Aug 07

Yeah I've been playing that today, excellent game. Unfortunately I am not getting very far on the second level as it keeps on crashing at random intervals, very buggy game.

wolfie3000 02:22 25 Aug 07

I nearly bought it today but opted for a keyboard instead as mine was to beaten up to use any more,

click here

User-1159794 07:39 25 Aug 07

Played the demo yesterday,was not impressed,so used the money earmarked for the full game to buy a motherboard bundle off Ebay.
Been promising the granddaughter her own PC for a while.
Hopefully it will keep her little fingers off my PC.(the little darling,who can do no wrong.LOL).

PP321 09:14 25 Aug 07

its meant to be "groundbreaking" and while it has an eerie "art deco" feel too it , (even though its set in 1959?!? ) it doesnt set my world on fire.

I'm going to play the demo again in a bit and see if i was just tired last night haha.

citadel 13:27 25 Aug 07

to get the best out of this game you have to explore and search everywhere for items and codes. during installation a auto patch installer gets and installs the latest patch, so you need to be connected to the internet. I have had no crashes and the game plays perfectly.

brundle 15:28 25 Aug 07

7900GS here too, game looks stunning, but somehow not as playable as HalfLife 2 or Stalker. I've only played the demo, I'm not sure if I'm going to buy the game.

Colin 15:42 25 Aug 07

Where can you get the demo from? I can't see it on the Take2 website and you need to be a paying member on File Planet.

gudgulf 21:42 25 Aug 07

What settings/resolution do you use...I Have an AGP Gainward 7800GS+ (which runs the 7900GT chip) and on my 22" widescreen monitor at 1680x1050 with all settings high it's dropping to 12fps and rarely goes over 26fps......like running through treacle on my C2D system with 2GB RAM.

Ok....it's only a 6300 though!

And it runs about 20% faster in XP rather than VISTA on my dual boot pc (using 163.44 beta drivers in both cases).

Game looks absolutely stunning though...I've played through the demo about 4 times now.

Will definitely buy the game through STEAM (less draconian DRM click here ) but I need a serious upgrade of the pc to do it full justice.

wolfie3000 21:49 25 Aug 07

the demo can be downloaded here,

click here

brundle 21:51 25 Aug 07

Ausgamers; click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…