Billionaire entrepreneurs find....

Mr Mistoffelees 19:51 24 Apr 12

way to use-up their money!

Money down drain?

daz60 22:43 24 Apr 12

Until,bad grammar i know,people and society understand that value comes not from base elements within a system of exploitation but from an understanding of the limits of those elements such endeavours will be the fuel of investment.

my apologies i have had a few.

daz60 22:44 24 Apr 12

And Chelsea won.

Aitchbee 08:08 25 Apr 12

On the 40th anniversary of the last Appollo landing on the Moon...it's a pity that no colonization of our nearest neighbour in space has occurred.

The Moon would make a very handy base for any asteroid mining prospectors.

chub_tor 10:09 25 Apr 12

You could argue that the billionaires could spend their money for more humanitarian needs but at least by investing in new technology they are creating employment and advancing our scientific knowledge.

interzone55 10:31 25 Apr 12

There seems to be two distinct groups of billionaires these days.

Those like Bill Gates & Warren Buffet who've built up colossal fortunes and are now spending them on humanitarian projects. I think the Bill & Melinda Gates foundation have done a lot to prompt some seriously wealthy individuals along this route.

Then there's the billionaires who can never have enough money and influence, so will strive to find new ways to increase both.

I'm not saying either group of people are wholly right or wrong...

finerty 18:40 25 Apr 12

but i thought everything will go eletric. I once had a vision that everything would run a nucluer battery, a battery inserted into a plane a car a house even the nasa's spaceships.

Alas this not the case, seems odd air companies r buying used cooking oil to fly their fleets, only thing is its costing more to buy it and use it at the moment, Air Quantas bought cooking oil from new York and had it delivered to Australia.

The cost involved were more higher than using oil.

I dont trust this new idea of digging up asteroids, i thinks its very costly and very risky, unless they use machines and computers to it.

Aitchbee 19:43 27 Apr 12

I hope they stick an ownership flag in any prospective asteroid, so as to avoid any confusion as to owns the mining rights to that space boulder.

Chegs ®™ 04:58 28 Apr 12

so as to avoid any confusion as to owns the mining rights to that space boulder.

This is in part the reason there's an argument developing over new build Nuclear plant around Sellafield.The land has been purchased,but some Lord (who doesn't live in the area)has retained the mineral rights to below ground and until this is resolved,no new build can start.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now