The 'Big' Mini

Quickbeam 16:01 03 Sep 10

click here Does it appeal to anyone here, or do you think it's a parody of the mini concept?

wiz-king 16:09 03 Sep 10

Ugly!
I supose its mini compared with most 4 x 4s.

Blackhat 17:03 03 Sep 10

Should re-brand it as the Bigi

interzone55 17:18 03 Sep 10

It does mimic, or I suppose parody, the new mini shape.

I'd like one, but it's arrived a few weeks late. My girlfriend's motobility car had to be ordered last week and the Mini Countryman wasn't on the list then so she's ordered a kia Soul instead...

Armchair 17:19 03 Sep 10

I consider the Toyota Aygo/Peugeot 107/Citroen C1 to be the true latter day Mini equivalent, not that bloated poser-mobile.

jack 17:28 03 Sep 10

'grew' with each model year.
In particular the Austin marque - 'A' 30 34 40 50 60
etc, seemed to merge with the one above and a new shape introduced at the bottom

Mr Mistoffelees 19:24 03 Sep 10

The BMW Mini was, from the outset, always a parody of the original.

BMW have now gone way past any semblance of credibility in using the Mini name on the new Mini Fatso.

Quickbeam 19:42 03 Sep 10

"years ago on how cars 'grew' with each model"

I think that this one's in keeping with the modern world in being available as 'supersized'...

'Mini Fatso', I like that:)

Quickbeam 19:42 03 Sep 10

"years ago on how cars 'grew' with each model"

I think that this one's in keeping with the modern world in being available as 'supersized'...

'Mini Fatso', I like that:)

Colin 19:43 03 Sep 10

I've been lucky enough to drive the Mini Countryman, both front wheel and four wheel drive, at BMW’s HQ in Bracknell. Using the Mini name maybe stretching it a bit but it does have a lot in common with the current Mini such as dash board and a similar front end. I’m sure that its sales will be as healthy as BMW predict.

jack 09:29 04 Sep 10

Colin wrote'.......it does have a lot in common with the current Mini such as dash board and a similar front end.'

Common parts across a model range and indeed across two manufacturers is normal for these times.
Renault/Vauxhall/Nissan for vans
Ford/VW/SEAT/FIAT for MPV's
VW/Skoda/SEAT for certain models
My own car has the same platform and engine range across two manufacturers and several models.
It the name of the game
Though once a Automotive engineer did point out to me that the Estate version of a certain large saloon was an entirely different vehicle sharing only obvious details in appearance.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac