The 'Big' Mini

Quickbeam 16:01 03 Sep 10

click here Does it appeal to anyone here, or do you think it's a parody of the mini concept?

wiz-king 16:09 03 Sep 10

Ugly!
I supose its mini compared with most 4 x 4s.

Blackhat 17:03 03 Sep 10

Should re-brand it as the Bigi

interzone55 17:18 03 Sep 10

It does mimic, or I suppose parody, the new mini shape.

I'd like one, but it's arrived a few weeks late. My girlfriend's motobility car had to be ordered last week and the Mini Countryman wasn't on the list then so she's ordered a kia Soul instead...

Armchair 17:19 03 Sep 10

I consider the Toyota Aygo/Peugeot 107/Citroen C1 to be the true latter day Mini equivalent, not that bloated poser-mobile.

jack 17:28 03 Sep 10

'grew' with each model year.
In particular the Austin marque - 'A' 30 34 40 50 60
etc, seemed to merge with the one above and a new shape introduced at the bottom

Mr Mistoffelees 19:24 03 Sep 10

The BMW Mini was, from the outset, always a parody of the original.

BMW have now gone way past any semblance of credibility in using the Mini name on the new Mini Fatso.

Quickbeam 19:42 03 Sep 10

"years ago on how cars 'grew' with each model"

I think that this one's in keeping with the modern world in being available as 'supersized'...

'Mini Fatso', I like that:)

Quickbeam 19:42 03 Sep 10

"years ago on how cars 'grew' with each model"

I think that this one's in keeping with the modern world in being available as 'supersized'...

'Mini Fatso', I like that:)

Colin 19:43 03 Sep 10

I've been lucky enough to drive the Mini Countryman, both front wheel and four wheel drive, at BMW’s HQ in Bracknell. Using the Mini name maybe stretching it a bit but it does have a lot in common with the current Mini such as dash board and a similar front end. I’m sure that its sales will be as healthy as BMW predict.

jack 09:29 04 Sep 10

Colin wrote'.......it does have a lot in common with the current Mini such as dash board and a similar front end.'

Common parts across a model range and indeed across two manufacturers is normal for these times.
Renault/Vauxhall/Nissan for vans
Ford/VW/SEAT/FIAT for MPV's
VW/Skoda/SEAT for certain models
My own car has the same platform and engine range across two manufacturers and several models.
It the name of the game
Though once a Automotive engineer did point out to me that the Estate version of a certain large saloon was an entirely different vehicle sharing only obvious details in appearance.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…