Big Drop In Gas Prices

Condom 17:31 14 Oct 08

Don't build your hopes up. We were all told that huge gas and electricity price rises were due to the big jump in oil prices. Now that oil prices have nearly halved since their peak and are still dropping when will BG and its fellow "Competitors" "lol" start bringing their prices down? Start holding your breath NOW!

GRIDD 19:18 14 Oct 08

**Gulp**

After getting whacked with a 33% rise in electric costs last month (and a previous one earlier in the year) and an incalculable rise in HH oil I doubt they'll drop the prices - at least not the electric anyway.

**Faints**

Covergirl 19:27 14 Oct 08

I must say, a normal quarterly bill with one price increase is bad enough to comprehend and check, how would the gas & electric companies manage if they had to raise / lower the cost every time it happened i.e. weekly at the moment ?

I assume they do it by averaging the prices over the period. My current Scottish Power is split into 09/07/08 -> 31/08/08 then 01/09/08 -> 06/10/08. Absolutely no room left for anything else !!!

And guess what ? Yes, it's gone up !

peter99co 19:43 14 Oct 08

I think the bills are divided up in dates so they can be based on the cost THEY purchased Fuel at.

We should see reductions appearing in future bills. I only get a bill each six months so I will keen to confirm my estimate soon.

I pay by direct debit so the bill is not to be paid in one go. The debit will cause over-payment if the price does drop so it can create a situation where they have to refund me.

The direct debit also allows a payment to be spread over 12 periods and because I don't use Gas for six months of the year it is easier to
manage.

jolorna 19:46 14 Oct 08

i sent my mp a email when oil prices started dropping & before they even dropped petrol prices asking her to bring the subject up with GB in the house of commons as to why petrol & energy prices wern't falling, still waiting for a reply from the energy minister but not holding my breath for a fall in gas or electric prices during the colder months because in the past they have dropped prces for the warmer months and then up it again for the winter

rickf 21:45 14 Oct 08

I think I am on to a loser since I took up BG's offer to freeze it as it seems the price is now going to drop.

Mike D 08:18 15 Oct 08

I have no patience with BG. Two days ago we received notice that our Direct Debit needed to be increased by 46% - and this while we are still in credit on our monthly payments plan. I rang them up and asked how they had arrived at the figure as our usage would most probably drop than go up over the next year and they immediately, with no working out dropped the increse by almost half. When I asked why they had tried to increase by so much I was told that it was to cover the cost of the Direct Debit discount that I receive.

Yes and pigs might fly!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…