Big Day for F1

Seth Haniel 09:36 15 Nov 07

Motorsport's world governing body will rule on Thursday on an appeal by McLaren that could hand the world championship to Lewis Hamilton.
McLaren have taken issue with the decision not to penalise Williams and BMW cars after they used fuel which was below the permitted temperature.

If the FIA upholds the appeal, Hamilton could end up with enough points to depose Ferrari's Kimi Raikkonen

Si_L 10:11 15 Nov 07

Does he really want to win it that way?

No

Marko797 10:34 15 Nov 07

I don't think anyone would want to win it that way...least of all LH. It could also cause a lot of damage to the sport if Raikonnen was deposed in this manner, so I don't think it will happen.

Just think of the reputation LH would attract from the press on this...a sore loser who only won on a technicality? They'd have a field day.

Best off waiting until the new season and then win it fair n square.

georgemac © 10:54 15 Nov 07

If the teams were proven to have knowingly broken the rules, they should be heavily fined and lose constructors championship points, drivers points should stand - same as what happened to McLaren

Lewis Hamilton has already said he would not want to be world champ this way

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:37 15 Nov 07

'If the FIA upholds the appeal, Hamilton could end up with enough points to depose Ferrari's Kimi Raikkonen'..more chance of the Queen working in as homeless hostel for a week.

G

Si_L 11:40 15 Nov 07
  Legolas 12:33 15 Nov 07

I know this is a bit vague but I read somewhere that the same thing happened last year and the team involved were fined, so I would be surprised if anything more than a fine will be imposed supposing of course that they are found guilty.

Seth Haniel 12:49 15 Nov 07

Principle of the matter you can't have one rule for one and one for another - agree with georgemac © on what should happen
GANDALF <|:-)>
eagerly await the result ;)

interzone55 13:04 15 Nov 07

As Seth Haniel says, it's the principle of the matter that counts.

McLaren were (rightly) very heavily punished in the spying scandal, but the FIA chose to ignore two teams that cheated in the last race.

What's more important is what punishment Renault receive if they're found guilty of being in possession of McLaren car data. If they're not heavily fined it will prove to the world that the FIA (Max Mossely) is biased against McLaren.

Chegs ®™ 13:23 15 Nov 07

F1 trying too hard to grab headlines for the free advertising.Even the news item on the radio was saying that Maclaren's appeal had little or no chance of deposing Kimi Raikkonen.

Pamy 15:22 15 Nov 07

Hey boys were talking big money here, Rules are rules and all must obey and those that do not have to be punished. Its not the taking part it's wining that counts. The boss wants to win.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…