Beware of Greeks bearing gifts - (Bought on credit)

Grey Goo 11:21 27 Oct 11
Answered

Seems like our pals and Euromates have cobbled a plan together part of which is a requirement of certain banks to write off 50% of the Greek debt. Should we all change Nationality and then tell our credit card providers that we are now Greek and they can whistle for half of what we owe them.

Aitchbee 11:52 27 Oct 11

I think the 'plan' is a 'kick the can down the road a bit' fix.Most of the politicians involved will not be around in five years time to 'carry the can'.The euro is finished.

Quickbeam 12:36 27 Oct 11

"What's not in the press is the difficult time ahead for Greece."

I do hope this means that the rest of Europe intends for Greece to be seen to suffer some, otherwise every other ha'penny millionaire country will jump on the bandwagon like all the poor Eastern Europeans fleeing to here for free living handouts at the expense of hard working people.

Let them eat phyllo until they appreciate the large humble pie that's of their own making...

Forum Editor 18:48 27 Oct 11

"Let them eat phyllo until they appreciate the large humble pie that's of their own making..."

Now there's a rash comment, if ever I saw one.

Quickbeam 19:14 27 Oct 11

What do you expect from me?

morddwyd 19:45 27 Oct 11

Interesting that most of the pundits and commentators are referring to "European leaders" when they're actually talking about Sarkozy and Merkel!

Can't remember Margaret ever having put up with the second rank!

interzone55 22:37 27 Oct 11

morddwyd

Can't remember Margaret ever having put up with the second rank!

Would that be the same Margaret who's managed to claim £535,000 expenses off us taxpayers over the last 5 years for answering letters and very little else.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-15486792

morddwyd 23:03 27 Oct 11

The same Margaret who negotiated annual rebates from the EU averaging some 5bn euros.

morddwyd 06:58 28 Oct 11

George Osborne " insisted the UK would not pay into any International Monetary Fund package targeted at the eurozone."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-15474590

Why do they come out with this silly sort of bluster?

For all the huffing and puffing the Uk will do exactly what it's told to do.

Grey Goo 12:01 28 Oct 11

I am surprised Das Fuhrer Merkel is not wearing the winged helmet of the Valkyries, she can then decide who lives and who dies,(economically that is)

finerty 19:01 28 Oct 11

Grey Goo that would be a cool plan but would the credit card companies buy it?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…