This is better

Algerian peter ™ 00:03 AM 16 Nov 12
  canarieslover 07:03 AM 16 Nov 12

Think a name change to Bally Sillycow is in order.

WhiteTruckMan 07:25 AM 16 Nov 12

I just hope lord mcalpine doesnt settle out of court for an 'undisclosed sum, plus public apology'

The consumption of large helpings of humble pie are long overdue in those quarters.

WTM

morddwyd 08:28 AM 16 Nov 12

Couldn't happen to nicer people.

oresome 10:17 AM 16 Nov 12

The BBC didn't name the person they were alleging but they provoked a lot of speculation by leaving a vacuum.

Bing.alau 10:45 AM 16 Nov 12

I suppose it all comes down to what your mother told you years ago. "If you can't say anything nice about a person, then don't say anything".

(That's why I never say anything nice about Brumas).

Aitchbee 12:03 PM 16 Nov 12

In Glasgow, if you personally speak 'ill-will' to someone [ie. a stranger perhaps], and call them all the names 'under the SUN' (OUR STAR), then that seals an intangible friendship ... which never will be forgotten or put asunder!

Brumas 12:55 PM 16 Nov 12

Bing.alau " A thick skin is a gift from God" Konrad Adenauer.

Woolwell 12:59 PM 16 Nov 12

Jock1e - "Now she believed like the rest of us that the story was true".

Don't include me in the rest of us. I prefer some evidence to go with a story.

namtas 15:53 PM 16 Nov 12

Other reports say the lawyer is giving people the chance to apologise or receive a claim

Other reports that I read say the lawyer is giving people the chance to apologise and make an offer of compensation

Woolwell 18:31 PM 16 Nov 12

I think that namtas' version is correct. A recording of an interview with the solicitor on the World at One on Radio 4 contains that information audioboo

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites