Best and worst software!

drew645 07:41 25 Oct 05

What's the best and worst software you've ever used? Just curious!
My best would be Norton Ghost which allows me to reload my entire hard disk if I have problems. That has made life so much easier.
The worst? Er.. anything given away with a computer mag. The ones also available free on the net such as Adaware and Spybot are great but are easily obtainable. Everything else is junk.
Prove me wrong!
Cheers
Andrew

Jackcoms 08:41 25 Oct 05

Best software? Windows XP (yes, I know it's an OS - but it's still software).

Worst? Can't really say, because I'm very choosy about what I install and I only ever install software if I envisage a need for it.

GANDALF <|:-)> 09:08 25 Oct 05

Ccleaner click here Best piece of freeware ever.

G

spuds 11:25 25 Oct 05

All software as its good and bad points. I am one of these people who buy a product, usually on face value, and never really find out what are the full potentials of that programme, so my rating score would be very suspect.

Think on the whole, I will say any of Microsofts operating packages, without them I would not be using the internet.

Diver14 17:11 25 Oct 05

Without a doubt. I just wish I had VOG's abilities!!

Andybear 19:48 25 Oct 05

The best one for me is MS Word. I'm a secretary and have used several WP packages over the years, ranging from the old Wordplex system to Word 2003, which is what I'm currently using at work. I have Word 2002 on my home PC.

As regards the worst, it has to be NTL's dial-up software. When I tried installing it several years ago it totally messed up my system and I had to reinstall of Windows. Thankfully their broadband software hasn't had the same effect!!

Dan the Doctus 19:52 25 Oct 05

I was going to say WinXP, Ad-aware or Spybot but these have already been suggested so I'll say AVG and ZoneAlarm (ok, that's two but they work great together).

Worst software - Linux.

ade.h 20:05 25 Oct 05

My favourites would be - Net Objects Fusion; cheaper than the most popular alternative by about £200 and just as powerful, and Open Office; almost as sophisticated as MS Office, but free.

The worst is anything that wrecks my system and/or crashes a lot. Icon Packager springs to mind.

ade.h 20:07 25 Oct 05

What kind of experience did you have with Linux to dislike it? I tried Suse earlier this year and was very impressed.

mole44 20:07 25 Oct 05

best...flight sim 2004
worst....norton antivirus

Dan the Doctus 20:26 25 Oct 05

Never used it, couldn't think of anything so I just said it to be controversial! Have heard that some people have problems with drivers, though.

*hangs head in shame*

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…