Best or Worst advice given to you?

packettracer 12:03 01 Aug 06

Careers adviser at school told people either Farming, The Army or become a barrister.

Not a surprising really as he was a barrister in the army & his family owned a farm!!!!!

Sethhaniel 12:31 01 Aug 06

at dentists ;(

amonra 12:47 01 Aug 06

Dont buy that house for £400,it's too expensive, prices cant keep going up and up forever !!!!!
My father-in-law, 1957

GroupFC 13:06 01 Aug 06

Back-up, back-up and back-up!!!

Mad Gilbert 13:19 01 Aug 06

Worst advice I ever got has to be when a friend of mine said I should try Championship Manager. Buggered up my whole final year at college that did!

josie mayhem 13:43 01 Aug 06

Not sure that I could call it the worst but the most stupidist....

Being told by a social worker when my son throw a paddy not to but into his bedroom (I would give him sleeping problems) but to sit him at the bottom of the stairs and make a big T with my hands tell him time out repeat several times and make him sit there for no more than 5 minutes...

His face was a picture when I said that I couldn't do that! As I lived in a bungalow and didn't have any stairs.

And I was right all along, I ended up with the social worker after pleas of help via the doctors... Help I got some twit who blamed my sons behaviour on me.... If they took note on what I was saying about the paddys when they happened lasted for hours, no real pattern to them and in between you couldn't ask for a better behaved child....

Ended up resolving the issue myself.... I monitored what he was eating over a period of time and bingo I found what was causing all the hassel.... Mainly Blue smarties or other sweetes/foods that contained blue colouring...

wolfie3000 13:44 01 Aug 06

"Earn respect dont expect it to be given to you!" My mother when i was a kid.

SG Atlantis® 13:51 01 Aug 06

Don't laugh at others unless you can laugh at yourself.

Sapins 14:44 01 Aug 06

Re-installing XP is a piece of cake!!!!

Pamy 15:25 01 Aug 06

Trust me

De Marcus™ 15:35 01 Aug 06

"I'll have that up n running in 10 minutes"

Two hours later............

Don't suppose that's advice either way, oh well..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…