Bernard Manning

spikeychris 17:22 18 Jun 07

has died. There will be lots of people who don't care and think he was just a racist foul mouthed scum bag. I have worked with him a few times and he had a heart of gold. I produced Jim Bowen for a while and he has told me tales you wouldn’t believe about the man - he was very generous and nothing like his on stage persona.

click here

SANTOS7 17:28 18 Jun 07

I'll miss him, i met him a couple of times and as far as i'm concearned he was a geniunely nice bloke, I used to work for his brother frank many years ago..

Kate B 17:29 18 Jun 07

"Racist foul-mouthed" about sums it up. Sorry, I'm not mourning him, however golden his heart allegedly was in private.

VoG II 17:32 18 Jun 07

I thought he was a very funny man.

As he was of Jewish extraction and had a circle of asian friends I hardly think that he could be termed racist.

R.I.P.

Bingalau 17:43 18 Jun 07

I once saw him perform his act in the Warrington area, way back in the 1970's. Did he have his own club there? The night I was there he was his usual foul mouthed and racist self. However the place was full of all nationalities and everyone seemed to be laughing at jokes about each other. Irish and Jewish; Black and White; English and Scottish. No one was safe from his crude humour. Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. If you think all that has ended with him leaving then you are wrong because we still have the likes of Billy Connolly etc. who are just as bad even if they also do lots of charitable work.

sunny staines 17:50 18 Jun 07

always found him very funny, take his jokes as light hearted fun. not serious taunts or insulting as he covered all types of people in his shows.

Mr Mistoffelees 17:55 18 Jun 07

I have no respect for comedians who don't know how to be funny without swearing.

spikeychris 17:56 18 Jun 07

I don’t blame anyone for calling BM racist or foul mouthed, he tailored his own image and as such reaps what he sows. I'm not saying he was or wasnt a rasist and this thread is certainly not asking for anyone to mourn him, it’s a little alternative insight to what will more than likely be massive public opinion to the contrary. My pseudo intellect radar kicks in every time I see someone post the word allegedly in non legal discussions.

Kate B 17:58 18 Jun 07

spikeychris - "allegedly" is fine in the context I posted it. It's not confined to legal discussions.

postie24 18:13 18 Jun 07

I for one will miss him,watched and met him at the circus tavern in essex a few times.
He came across as a very genuine man.

Sapins 18:18 18 Jun 07

At least he wasn't pretentious. What you saw was what you got.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…