Believe in Ghosts???

DANZIG 01:37 12 Mar 08

Sitting here at the moment watching 'Most Haunted' with the other half.

Frankly I just think its people walking around getting a touch jittery about the odd noise in old buildings, however the other half says I'm an old cynic.

Apparently you have to believe in the 'other side' in order to experience it - which kind of puts me at a disadvantage because I think its a crock.

What do others think? Ever seen a 'ghost'??

Quickbeam 01:41 12 Mar 08

Good job you didn't post this when the earthquake happened!

DANZIG 01:42 12 Mar 08

To the Dream Machine, Scoob!

Legolas 07:50 12 Mar 08

Of course there are ghosts I seen one last Tuesday...or was it Wednesday..no it was Tuesday I remember now it was the day after I was abducted by aliens and they said that Monday was human abduction day ;)

Mike D 07:53 12 Mar 08

Until a holiday in Scotland last Easter I was a sceptic; now I’m not so sure …
My wife and I stayed in a fairly modern bungalow in a remote village just across the water from Skye. On our first night there we retired to bed, only to for me to be woken up in the early hours by the bedroom door (which had been closed) slamming shut. I became a ware that my wife was lying awake, having been listening for some time to footsteps in the hallway outside the bedroom. Braveheart me, I jumped out of bed and dashed into the hallway (God knows why, I am a founder member of the devout cowardice club). The storage heaters were too hot to touch, but it felt as if I had stepped into a freezer. I found nothing. We convinced ourselves that it must have been the wind blowing the door – but the night was still. We both tried to put it to the back of our minds and got on with our holiday. On the morning of our departure my wife called me to look in the cupboard where my clothes had been (I’m not allowed to pack!) and there before me was a huge wooden cross nailed to the back wall.

Do I believe? Well … the jury is still out.

laurie53 09:03 12 Mar 08

It's been done

click here

However perhaps we should resurrect it!! lol

Bingalau 10:02 12 Mar 08

Mike D. Radiators expanding make some weird noises including footsteps.

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:23 12 Mar 08

people want to believe in ghosts because it confirms to them that there is something after death.

G

DANZIG 10:25 12 Mar 08

I do believe there is something after we depart this mortal coil (otherwise what would be the point), however I don't believe it involves hanging around in old buildings banging the odd door, moving the furniture around or nailing inverted crosses to the wall.

Mike D 10:56 12 Mar 08

Bingalau and DANZIG

Points taken, and before this happened to us I would have been leading the sceptics march. However this spooked us both (pun intended!). My wife, who is probably more down to earth than I was particularly affected by the events, and swears that before I was woken up she had heard the footsteps and watched the door slowly open and then slam shut.

Now off to hide under the covers!

Mike

Mike D 10:56 12 Mar 08

Bingalau and DANZIG

Points taken, and before this happened to us I would have been leading the sceptics march. However this spooked us both (pun intended!). My wife, who is probably more down to earth than I was particularly affected by the events, and swears that before I was woken up she had heard the footsteps and watched the door slowly open and then slam shut.

Now off to hide under the covers!

Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…